Are you happy with your phone/is it defective?

Have you had a defective phone in which Verizon had to give you a replacement?

• Total voters

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay so many of us have already had our phone for almost a week now. Some have had defective ones and have gotten replacements.. others are happy with their phone.

For future Incredible users.. they probably come to this website thinking "Wow so many problems with this phone.. Nevermind, I don't want it."

But the reality is.. most people who are happy with their phones (haven't had defective ones) won't really say much about it. You always hear about the bad things and never the good things.

I am putting up a poll to see if you are happy with your phone and it's not a defective one.

If you have a defective one.. please post what was wrong with the original that made you swap out for a replacement from Verizon?

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't tell if mine's defective or not. I've described in previous posts that my calls sounds very "tinny", but I can't decide if that's my phone or just the way the Incredible sounds.

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't tell if mine's defective or not. I've described in previous posts that my calls sounds very "tinny", but I can't decide if that's my phone or just the way the Incredible sounds.

Hrm I should have put an option that said "It acts odd sometimes. I'm not sure if it's defective or not" or something

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
After finding the compact qwerty keyboard, I won't miss my Storm 1 at all. The Incredible is living up to the hype. Very glad I switched.

anon(18516)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving my Droid Incredible. I do NOT miss my Blackberry Storm 1 (especially the battery pulls) and as a big Mac fan I no longer have iPhone envy because the DI is such a better phone and I absolutely love it's customization.

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No issues here from day one. Very nice and perfect. Battery life is good to. Not the best. But 13 hours is good for me before a charge.

krispy_mobile

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
No poll option for My phone had bugs and best buy replaced it no questions asked. That's what I did with my first HTC I as all callers sounded under water and ends of words/sentences were getting cut off.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine acts funny when it's charging and I'm talking on the bluetooth. The screen will keep trying to turn off by itself. I think it's a software thing. The screen turns off automatically during a phone call when you hold it next to your face to save battery life. There's hardware that physically senses when you hold it next to your face.

Obviously, when you use bluetooth, you don't hold the phone up next to your face to talk, but the screen will turn off by itself to save battery life anyway. I'm not sure how it's programmed to trigger turning off the screen in this instance. For some reason, it doesn't compute that I'm using other functions on the phone while talking on bluetooth and it wants to turn off the screen.

Last edited:

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine acts funny when it's charging and I'm talking on the bluetooth. The screen will keep trying to turn off by itself. I think it's a software thing. The screen turns off automatically during a phone call when you hold it next to your face to save battery life. There's hardware that physically senses when you hold it next to your face.

Obviously, when you use bluetooth, you don't hold the phone up next to your face to talk, but the screen will turn off by itself to save battery life anyway. I'm not sure how it's programmed to trigger turning off the screen in this instance. For some reason, it doesn't compute that I'm using other functions on the phone while talking on bluetooth and it wants to turn off the screen.

Well your screen is set to timeout after a certain time.. and if you're using bluetooth.. the screen isnt being used.. so it turns it off to save battery.. now if u're using bluetooth and doing stuff on your phone.. the screen should NOT turn off while u're touching/using it.

When you place the phone next to your face during a call.. there is a sensor that knows this and turns the screen black to save battery.. as soon as you move it away from your face. .the sensor knows this and lights the screen back up

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Very happy with mine. Going to pick up the 1750 battery though. Also coming from a Moto DROID I still like the Incredible better.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well your screen is set to timeout after a certain time.. and if you're using bluetooth.. the screen isnt being used.. so it turns it off to save battery.. now if u're using bluetooth and doing stuff on your phone.. the screen should NOT turn off while u're touching/using it.

When you place the phone next to your face during a call.. there is a sensor that knows this and turns the screen black to save battery.. as soon as you move it away from your face. .the sensor knows this and lights the screen back up

That's what I had read about the hardware too.

If I'm on bluetooth and surfing the web at the same time (through wifi), the screen will turn off by itself sometimes. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it happens, I can be actively touching the screen and it will still turn off by itself. If I hit the power button to turn the screen back on, it will turn on for several seconds and then turn off again, even while I'm actively touching the screen. Then it becomes an endless cycle of hitting the power button, the screen turning off by itself, hitting the power button again, and the screen turning itself off. I usually give up after several tries at keeping the screen active. Once the call is ended, everything returns to normal.

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a few others mention this problem but no clear fix or theories. During voice calls the earpiece sounds distorted (buzzes) at certain pitches, similar to a blown speaker. It's not THAT bad but is definitely annoying me. Hope its a network thing and not my phone. Anyone else have this happening?

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That's what I had read about the hardware too.

If I'm on bluetooth and surfing the web at the same time (through wifi), the screen will turn off by itself sometimes. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it happens, I can be actively touching the screen and it will still turn off by itself. If I hit the power button to turn the screen back on, it will turn on for several seconds and then turn off again, even while I'm actively touching the screen. Then it becomes an endless cycle of hitting the power button, the screen turning off by itself, hitting the power button again, and the screen turning itself off. I usually give up after several tries at keeping the screen active. Once the call is ended, everything returns to normal.

oh wow. yeah that's not normal.. especially if you're actively using the screen and it goes blank. weird

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadsak