ASUS EeePad Transformer Prime - WatchESPN app do longer works after update

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the update a few days ago on my tablet and it broke the authorization I had with TWC. When it takes me to the TWC auth page, the app locks up. Anyone else?

Mojoski

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I just watched part of the Ole Miss game on my Transformer Prime this morning.. Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried an uninstall/reinstall, as well as a data chache wipe, and a reboot. Still just sits there at the jump screen telling me it is taking me to the TWC login screen. I got the update on my galaxy nexus and had no problems logging in with TWC there. Wondering if I should do a factory reset anyway. It is terribly laggy and a major disappointment since the updates from ICS.

RLSwalm

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Found version 1.6.6.1 on amazon app store and it restored my ability to watch on my transformer T201.

Posted via Android Central App

MTMTE

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Got it wo

OK! I tried all the other "tricks" in this thread and nothing worked. Regardless of where I installed it from, or launched the app via it would always just give me a blank white box after I choose my provider and was I never able to enter my account information. This seems to be a probelm that alot of other Asus Transformer Tablet users ae getting.

I was finally able to fix that by doing these steps exactly, with app version 2.2.1 from June 9, 2014 on my Asus Transformer tf300t running 4.2.1:
(NOTE: Steps A thru C might be unnecessary, as I haven't repeated the exact process I did but I'm not going to tempt fate and try repeating these steps until after the World Cup is over.)

A) Installed app via PlayStore, try to choose provider, get white box...uninstall via system settings.
B) Installed app via the AmazonAppStore, "launch" it from within the AmazonAppStore app, try to choose provider, get white box. Again, uninstall via system settings.
C) Installed app via PlayStore again, but this time "launch" the Play Store version of the WatchESPN app from within the AmazonAppStore app (it will list it in you "apps" with a little disclaimer about it being from somewhere else), try to choose provider, get white box...LEAVE IT INSTALLED!

1) Making sure the WatchESPN app is installed open Chrome on your device and search Google for this term:

Frequently Asked Questions about WatchESPN - ESPN.com

2) Click the first link with the same text and Chrome will ask you "what app you'd like to open it with". For whatever reason the WatchESPN app will be an option.
3) Choose to open the link via the WatchESPN app and wait for the app to load to the main screen.
4) Click the menu and choose "Choose Provider" and then your provider (in my case it was Comcast).
5) If this trick works the white box should load and you should actually see an account login page setup by your provider inside of it.
6) Sign in, click "Leave me signed in" or "remember my username" etc.
7) Choose a stream and watch all the World Cup games!

JohnnyCleveland

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!! Following your steps exactly didn't work initially, as when I followed the steps and tried to select my provider, i couldn't get the white box to pop up at all. However, I just kept messing with it, opening and closing apps and clicking the google link countless times and eventually the login screen showed up. After over 6 months I can finally watch ESPN on my ASUS TF300 again.

MTMTE

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!! Following your steps exactly didn't work initially, as when I followed the steps and tried to select my provider, i couldn't get the white box to pop up at all. However, I just kept messing with it, opening and closing apps and clicking the google link countless times and eventually the login screen showed up. After over 6 months I can finally watch ESPN on my ASUS TF300 again.

Looks like a few people have had to restart the watchESPN app after step 3 before this trick will work. Glad you got it though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
halcw