Asus Fonepad Not Powering- up

Bisso2099

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Dear Stevovr ,
Could you please help us with some hints of HOW to remover the backcover withing a creditcard or any kind of palstic card ?

pmlabrier

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. I am in the US and the Asus Support in the US does NOTHING to support the Fonepad but tell you to call support in Europe or Asia? Not chat or e-mail is available. EPIC FAIL!

I removed the back cover and unplugged the battery with no luck.

To remove the back cover, I used a credit card and shirt pocket screwdriver. I could not get it started so I put a small screwdriver under the credit card so it did not scratch the cover. Once I got it started at the upper left (looking at the back) I was able to gently work the credit all the way around and remove the cover.

What us my next step? I need my phone back!

Paul

ajaycheran

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
hi friends,
I am back here to just tell you about my experience with Asus fonepad,as I said before I gave my pad to the service center, they were clueless coz it's a newcomer, though they accepted coz it's the one and only Asus authorized service center, south India.
I called them often to know the status coz I'm the one who invest the money for this strange gadget..as per they, they ordered the battery and replaced it but after a day the battery drained fully again and the fonepad goes the same stage once more.,then they told me that it's the motherboard that makes this damage, they ordered or what they did I don't know, it's been 17 days, after I got back my fonepad, now it's running normal, charging Normal,
they didn't charge anything, as we know that it's under warranty.. now what I have to do is always keep the charger with me and never allow the battery go below 30% of power,and include fonepad also in our prey...

Jerky Ong

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. Taking off the battery and reconnecting it worked for me. Updating to the latest firmware from Asus now to be sure. Thanks guys.

jboutbound

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks for this thread. disconnecting the battery for just a few seconds fixed it for me. was in fact 96% charged when restarted. to get the cover off, start top left looking at the back with a very slim penknife blade, then inset credit card and work down levering the cover away. once one side is unclipped it comes off. good luck all!

Feleki Attila

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Dear Ritwick!

After you removed the back case, you see the battery, and 4-5 colored cables coming out of it. You carefully remove the end part from it's place, and the you put it back after a couple of seconds. You will hear a light buzz, then you can put the back case back, and restart the gadget.

MarcBrussieux

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
dear all, ... just to report i have the same problem with my brand new fonepad. Thank you for explanations upon how removing the back case and disconnect/reconnect the battery. However, on my FONEPAD, these operations did not fix it... the FONEPAD never woke up.
This post just to tell the community I COULD RESURRECT IT FINALLY ! i picked 1 thin needles one in one of the two BLACK connector holes (both work the same), and another one in the leftmost RED connector hole. I then gripped to these needles one Lithium _ Ion battery charger and injected into the battery 0.1 amperes during 20 minutes. After this, reconnect battery and .... the FONEPAD wakes-up again :)
Be careful: the FONEPAD drains current even in idle state, and maybe even when OFF... always keep it in charge.

cfernandes

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I wrote in this topic at some time before (27 of June). In this date I sent my Fonepad to Asus Support.
Yesterday, finally, I received a email from Asus telling that I need to wait more 3 weeks.
They gave me 2 options: wait 3 weeks for repair my equipment or ask a replacment equipment with no date to delivery.

Anyone know I can do a formal complain to Asus?

I only used my fonepad 2 weeks (I bought at 10 of June). And Asus want that I wait 3 months (at least) to have my equipment back.

After 3 months waiting, 40? with calls to Asus support line and a lot of headaches, I have a conclusion: Asus NEVER AGAIN. It was my worst experience with client support.

Ang Hoong

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
how to crack open the backcover?? can show me or send me a link to crack open the backcover??
hope u reply faz & tell me wat 2 do after crack open the cover

Last edited:

slahti

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. If you have a charger that can deliver high enough current (2Amps should be enough) you can try the following trick; plug in the charger cable, wait until the "battery" symbol disappears (i.e phone goes dead), then take cable out and plug it back in. This needs to be repeated MANY times (I had to do it about 30 times), but finally it got enough juice to start charging (you will see this happening from the screen). Then just leave it charging...

This will not work with all wall chargers... (not quaranteet to work at all, maybe it was just co-insidence in my case)...

Tomas Zima

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, same problem here... Now second time... For me seems to work to plug it to PC USB and let it there some time... Device is repeately starting to charge, but not charging... After while (3 min) i unplug it from PC and connect to ASUS charger... than it start to charge, and after some time i can boot the device... (sry for english...:)

jez794

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with my fonepad, didnt want to really take the back off so phoned carphone warehouse who told me i had to phone asus, they arranged a pick up from the uk and sent it to the Czech republic. Received it back 10 days later and its exactly the same, wtf and what a waste of time and money on their part. Phoned them back up and awaiting the return call they are suppose to be making. Not happy!

Android Explrr

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
After a long fight with Asus, after-sales service and marketing teams, I got a Dead on Arrival certificate and got my Fonepad replaced. It worked normally for a month, and again the problem started. The battery came down from 90+% charge to 4% in 8 hours. After this the GSM signal disappeared. No matter what I do, I cannot get the phone function to work. I tried other SIMs in the Fonepad and the same SIM in other phones (where is works well). Restarting, factory reset, nothing helped. It's the same cycle all over again.

I would strongly recommend people to NOT BUY ASUS FONEPAD! It's an unstable device without any proper quality control/testing at the time of manufacturing. I have searched this issue again today and found that many users have reported the same problems. I might just as well go to the Indian Consumer Forum and lodge a complain against the comany.