AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

Just an update... seems as though people have seen this issue on Pixels with 11 also since September. If I am reading correctly, sounds like Mozilla sucks on updating their apps.

https://github.com/mozilla-lockwise/lockwise-android/pull/1224
Yeah , if we started with safe mode we most likely would of traced it to a 3rd party app

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Geez... restoring sessions after a factory erase and rebuild I'm still running into settings I am trying to change back...

"Hey Google"... I think it was mustang that helped me disable the swipe gesture from the bottom corner to bring up the Assistant but retain the "Hey Google" voice command but I forgot how to disable it again.

I thought it was Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Digital assistant app > Device assistance app > change to None.

But doing that disables "Hey Google" completely. So I had to turn it back on but it give me back the swipe.

Anyone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Geez... restoring sessions after a factory erase and rebuild I'm still running into settings I am trying to change back...

"Hey Google"... I think it was mustang that helped me disable the swipe gesture from the bottom corner to bring up the Assistant but retain the "Hey Google" voice command but I forgot how to disable it again.

I thought it was Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Digital assistant app > Device assistance app > change to None.

But doing that disables "Hey Google" completely. So I had to turn it back on but it give me back the swipe.

Anyone?
The only way to get rid of the corners google assistant is to use buttons not gestures

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T Android 11 Post changes you notice, any bugs that need attention or apps not working?

Yeah , if we started with safe mode we most likely would of traced it to a 3rd party app

Yeah, it would have probably been a good test to confirm not an OS issue. But would have been like finding a needle (app) in a haystack to know which one. Like I said elsewhere it would have been like living with seeing a painting tilted on a wall everyday lol until it was fixed by a random app update. In this case who knows how long Mozilla was going to update it if it's been 3 months already.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The only way to get rid of the corners google assistant is to use buttons not gestures

Can't be. I had the gesture disabled and still have to "Hey Google" all day before the 11 update. Used "Hey Google" a couple of weeks ago when on business in Texas all week finding info and getting directions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can't be. I had the gesture disabled and still have to "Hey Google" all day before the 11 update. Used "Hey Google" a couple of weeks ago when on business in Texas all week finding info and getting directions.
I'll have to test this with buttons, I've always used gestures

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok with buttons if you want disable Google assistant with long press on home button or enable go to settings>apps>tap digital assistant then tap it once more in next page, to turn off choose none Screenshot_20201220-122700_Permission%20controller.jpeg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to test this with buttons, I've always used gestures

I remember you are the one that showed me how to enable gestures because I was saying how much I missed the back swipe feature on iOS. I could have sworn you also showed me how to disable the Google swipe. Maybe a youtube video then.

Took me a while to get use to gestures because it felt alien on Android over iOS but now I don't think I can go back to buttons. But now I'm accidentally swiping at the corners and bringing up Assistant instead of changing apps. Got rid of one annoyance for another one back lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I remember you are the one that showed me how to enable gestures because I was saying how much I missed the back swipe feature on iOS. I could have sworn you also showed me how to disable the Google swipe. Maybe a youtube video then.

Took me a while to get use to gestures because it felt alien on Android over iOS but now I don't think I can go back to buttons. But now I'm accidentally swiping at the corners and bringing up Assistant instead of changing apps. Got rid of one annoyance for another one back lol.
I probably have , but gestures no option

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Duplicate

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201220-180634.jpeg
    Screenshot_20201220-180634.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20201220-180640.jpeg
    Screenshot_20201220-180640.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

The only thing I've noticed so far is most if the Good lock modules do not work.

I don't like the revamped Edge lighting . I'm glad that it works on all apps now , but I don't like that you can no longer choose a color for each individual app. It now automatically chooses the app color unless you pick one color to use for all the apps.
Quick Star still works, as do the ones under family in good lock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali