[AT&T] Basic Rooting Question

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much! IT WORKED! After searching online for what seemed like forever I finally have multi viewand am running jedi x rom. Cant waut to see what it can do
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much! IT WORKED! After searching online for what seemed like forever I finally have multi viewand am running jedi x rom. Cant waut to see what it can do

Very welcome. Congrats

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Basic Rooting Question

after rooting will I stop getting ATT updates? Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Finally i did some research on Clear Rom and I think I like what i read about Clear Rom Ace but could not locate a step by step guide as to how to install it. Have you seen any out there? Remember I am a novice at this.

thank

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
One thing I notice immediately is that my signal no longer says lte it says 4g and in areas where I normally would only get 4g it goes down to 3g. Do u know whats up with that?
Also I lost all samsung apps and the samsung app store. Not the end of the world but I did really like their taskanager widget and s voice. And I had a few downloads from video hub but its also gone. Any way to get it back? Oyher than that jedi x is awesome. So much better than the original set up

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mark. Your issues stem for the rom itself. Jedi x must not install these apps by default. Cleanrom gives you the option of exactly whst you want to install during install process. Also you try doing a complete system backup before you flash a new rom next time. Try titanium backup for your apps and whatnot.

Sent via Tapatalk

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The rom is called cleanrom? Im a bit unclear on how to fix this. I do have titanium. Are you saying to uninstall jedi x and back up all the samsung apps etc and then rei stall jedi x?

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I said screw it. Most of the samsung apps arent that great anyway. I unlike most people actually like s voice. So I went to 4 share and got it. Im sure ill fi d video hub and the samsung task manager widget there too. I have yet to find a good task manager that actually works properly!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Mark there is no such thing as 4g. It is a marketing term that describes the 4th generation of mobile wireless internet. Hspa and hspa+ is the actual technology the 4g describes. Your new rom is detecting these signals and telling you exactly which signal you are receiving. Lte is the upper end of the "4g" speed. From what I understand the signal will change alot to conserve power on your device. This is probably what you are seeing.

Sent via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No. Im saying that when jedi x installed it had the samsung apps pre removed just like the att bloatware most likely. Cleanrom 1.2 att SE gives you the choice during install on exactly which apps you want to install.

Btw there is a new post here by Itsaraid that gives a link to the samsung appstore. You can download the samsung appstore and a few others from it.

Sent via Tapatalk

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I checked out what he said and I don't see how you can actually download apps from the site unless im blind! I just see a how to get link
I did find video hub and installed it. It gives me the error " invalid device id"
Looks like several people have had the same issue. Surely I can figure out a way

jasguild

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
after rooting will I stop getting ATT updates? I am not sure if that a good thing or bad thing?

does any one knnow of a step by step guide to install CleanRom Ace for novice

thank

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
after rooting will I stop getting ATT updates? I am not sure if that a good thing or bad thing?

does any one knnow of a step by step guide to install CleanRom Ace for novice

thank

Tonight or tomorrow a guide will be up...simply rooting will not stop updates. Putting on a custom rom will. But usually the rom builder will update their roms to reflect updated changes.

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Where did you hear this?
I started the process of rooting my htc jetstream tablet last night
Took forever to unlock the boot loader. What a pain in the ass that was. I was 30 seconds away from starying the root and my laptop died. And my cord has a short so I have to wait till I get a new one

JAROSLAW J

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Rooting is fine. It is illegal to sim "unlock" and use your phone on another carrier.

if u want to leave carier they cant stop u , pay the penalty and u fine to go whenever u want, rooting is where they loose big bucks couse u unlocking lots of stuff that u should be paying for it like free hotspot etc...

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Rooting my htc jetstream is proving to be very challenging. I was able to inlock boot loader but im pretty much stuck