AT&T displayed in the upper left constantly

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
For the first several days after I updated to ICS through Kies everything operated normally as I know it with Android. Then just a few days ago out of the blue "AT&T" began to display in the far left of the black display bar at the top of the screen. (Not sure what the official term is for this part of the OS). If I turn on Weather bug and the temperature displays in that spot then the "AT&T" text goes away. If I'm typing text like now the keyboard logo is displayed there and it also goes away but always returns when I'm done typing or shut down weather bug.

Is this a new feature on ICS? Like I said it never appeared until a week after I updated. Very weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

NMLNML

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I also see that, including a "+" sign inside a solid, left-pointing arrow. Possibly, something to do with Google+?

skigoddess

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I also see that, including a "+" sign inside a solid, left-pointing arrow. Possibly, something to do with Google+?

The + means you have more notifications than it has room to display in the bar. Drag the bar down to see all of them.

Reactions: NMLNML

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe it's hidden somewhere in the OS by AT&T.
Yea man I'm working on it in my spare time. If I find ANYTHING i'll post it.
I think it may actually be along the lines of modifying a text document actually.
I was just looking for like STAT_ATTLOGO.png and paint it transparent. No such existence though.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The stock rom has odexed framework.jar and other files, it would be difficult without knowledge of smali/baksmali to deodex and remove the carrier labeling. Most custom roms are deodexed and have that carrier label removed. Check around on XDA...Sky ICS is one rom I can think of that has it removed.

I know CM9/CM10 has an option to get rid of the carrier label in the notification bar as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy