At&t lollipop is here

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How are you guys getting great battery life?! Mine suddenly became complete crap a couple weeks ago. I'm currently at 1 hour of screen on time with 58% left after 14 hours.

You may have an app that is vampiring your battery. Facebook or something like that.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
You may have an app that is vampiring your battery. Facebook or something like that.
Ive done multiple factory resets, disabled apps i dont use, and i keep data and wifi off when i dont use the phone. Even in airplane mode it continues to drain battery in standby. I cant figure out for the life of my what happened. Anyone else experiencing this?

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Check your battery in the settings menu to see what apps are consuming it. On my old HTC I had a Google services update that forced it to go buggy. It was just spinning in the background and it killed my battery.

I did a factory reset and then made sure it didn't do that update again.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Cell standby is the biggest culprit, followed by android system. The screen quickly overtakes that when I use the phone. Either way there's nothing out of the ordinary. According to Betterbatterystats, the phone is going into deep sleep most of the time so It might be the battery. I have no clue!

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Rewrite? Clearly wouldn't happen.

Easier solution: A button in settings to disable pop up notifications.

I HATE this update.

Why the hell would they take away our ability to select sound, vibrate or silent? Having to toggle the volume button repeatedly is asinine. Don't even get me started on the colors. How about an option for a dark theme instead of these washed out pastels?

Just wanted to update my complaint about there no longer being a dedicated button for sound, vibrate and silent modes. You used to access these options by holding down the power button, they are now located right at the top of your pull down notification bar.

I actually like this better!

decarlo4

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So, my phone updated itself. I went to make a call and the display said "phone will restart to download software upgrade". I was avoiding the upgraded for the simple reason that I didn't want the camera functions to appear on the screen. I liked the look of the controls being b on the edge screen. Oh well. I really wish I had an option to skip updates. Onward and upward.

jnagator

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am in Dallas and still do not have access to the update. My Wifi has been acting crazy the last few days so the update would be nice if it works.....