AT&T Note 3 free tether....

Griffin Gunter

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
you have to have at least a 5gb data plan in order to tether for grandfathered family talk and individual rate plans. all mobile share rate plan lines are able to.tether

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Att note 3 free tether....

Wowwwwwwwww, it took a couple of times restarting app, but now it works like a charm!! Thanks Guys

Lamar Davis

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

I have a Note 2 too. I just upgraded to Jelly Bean...WHY???!!! What was I thinking!! Sometimes I really hate myself for doing the things that I do.

I was using Hotspot Toggle Widget without any problems. It was great and the speed was acceptable. Now it is not working. I tried Portable Wi-Fi hotspot Free but that did not work either. I have a CLEAR modem and I was going to cancel that service and save me $50 a month! Now, I guess I will have to give up my unlimited data plan and get a 8 - 10 GB family share plan now.

If I do this, will I have to pay the $20 a month or will these programs work with this new upgrade when I change to the new family share plan?

In regards to the data usage, I will use don't use that much and 8 - 10 GB ought to do it. I just hate to give up the "unlimited" data plan.

Oh, is there a way to remove Android 4.3 and re-install Android 4.1.2? Heck, I'll wipe out everything I have to do this!

Gosh, I was really was looking forward in saving that $50 per month.

Rawesome

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note II as well and it's not working. I am going to try it again with the info from this post. I also lost the option when I updated & then I wasn't able to connect using the Android 4.3 option or using a third party app. I'm tempted to upgrade to the Note III just to get this option back. But it doesn't make sense that a newer phone would easier to tether.

Lamar Davis

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting to see if anyone has an way to remove Android 4.3 so that I can re-install the 4.1 or get a tethering program to work with 4.3. It seems like they did a good job to shut it down. I just got a notice that CLEAR, which is what I was using as a HotSpot when I was out and about, will increase the monthly fee. I wanted to cancel the service. But, because of the brilliant decision to upgrade to 4.3, I have to keep the service.

With AT&T's new plans, I may opt to give up my unlimited data plan and get a 10GB plan. I just hat to give up my unlimited data plan. Oh well, I knew better and now I have to suffer the consequences of my actions. I need to cancel CLEAR, so I'll wait about another month and then I'll see what my options are. CLEAR jumped up to $54 .per month, unlimited data. I have two devices. That's $108 per month, plus taxes. I'll cancel that and get one of the new share plans for about the same price that I'm paying now.

I just need to get over not have having the "unlimited" data plan.

Oh well, I'll hold off for one month and then see what's what.

chrisnjuan928

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm not super high tech when it comes to phones but I previously had the 1st note and purchased the pda net app so I could make my phone a hot spot for my kids tablets when we go out of town and so forth so I know it's possible. Do I have to get my note 3 unlocked or what do I have to do? Plz help

dubbyluv

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

my note 2 didn't work with my at&t acct at first (phone's wifi network shows up, but couldn't get internet on the tethered tablet), but after a system restore, the tethering works fine. i got help from at&t chat agent, and i asked if my mobile share plan includes wifi tethering, and she told me yes. after restore, it works great with my LG g pad tablet and wife's iphone. i've read in many places that carriers charge around $20/month for tethering. not sure why its free on mobile share, but costs extra on other plans.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since tethering provisioning is now done at the OS level, ie 4.4, looks like we are going to need a new alternative. I'm hopeful that CM 11, or maybe 12, will solve that problem.

Posted via Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am on a grandfathered unlimited data plan on a S3 and use the paid version of pdaNet+ (which includes Foxfi). After the 4.4.2 update the tethering works the same as it did on 4.3. The wifi hotspot doesn't work (screen stays on "please wait while verifying") but the bluetooth and USB tether modes work fine. My guess is you would have the same results on a Note 3 updated to 4.4.2