AT&T - TMobile USA Merger...Anyone Going To Bail ?

You Bailing Out ? To Who Will You Go ?

• Total voters

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
They are also the only carrier to lock their phones
To downloads other than the Android Market.
You may as well get an Iclone.
My daughter was torqued off because
She cant get Swype on the new Att phone
Her mother gave her.

:(
Yes, I'm not happy with that.
However, I don't really have a choice.
I need to be able to make and receive calls. :(

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm not happy with that.
However, I don't really have a choice.
I need to be able to make and receive calls. :(

I picked up a cheap used Nexus One for my daughter (Craigslist) and she can get Swype again now.
The guy told me its the AT&T version but it will only get the Edge network (2G)
so its the TMobile version.
But she still likes the phone better than the Motorola Flipside.
Now I'm trying to find an AT&T 3G Nexus One for her.

:(

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
honestly, AT&T isn't bad. i just ordered an Android from T-Mobile yesterday, it didn't even get here yet, but I have an AT&T phone. It has very good coverage. I'm only saying this because NO ONE has service in my basement... except for AT&T phones. We'll see how T-Mobile is...

Thanks for being among the rational and coherent. Those who generically whine that 'X-Carrier Sucks!' don't deserve to be heard. (Just as those who generically rave that 'X-Carrier ROCKS!' are low-brow.) Having used each of the majors for both business and personal needs, each one has strengths and weaknesses where the entirety of the customer relationship is concerned. However, given the ton of available UNbiased coverage data, no one has anyone but themselves to blame if they cannot get reasonable coverage for their mobile needs.

Last edited:

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Irrational and Incoherent

Thanks for being among the rational and coherent. Those who generically whine that 'X-Carrier Sucks!' don't deserve to be heard. (Just as those who generically rave that 'X-Carrier ROCKS!' are low-brow.) Having used each of the majors for both business and personal needs, each one has strengths and weaknesses where the entirety of the customer relationship is concerned. However, given the ton of available UNbiased coverage data, no one has anyone but themselves to blame if they cannot get reasonable coverage for their mobile needs.

In this area AT&T and especially Verizon are legendary for the way they train their
customer service phone support reps to have "the customer is always wrong and is
always trying to rip us off" attitudes.
Its the norm for the customer service phone reps to be snarky & nasty to customers
that have the nerve to call in with their issues.

It cant be the carriers, it has to be the irrational and incoherent customers.

Yep.

:confused:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain//

Layd Dly

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I hope the FCC doesnt allow the merger. But if this does happen i will probably move to Verizon. I have no desire what so ever to use AT&T.

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope the FCC doesnt allow the merger. But if this does happen i will probably move to Verizon. I have no desire what so ever to use AT&T.

I'm with you except the Verizon part.
IMHO thats jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
In this area they are just as bad if not worse that AT&T.
I shut off my land line several years ago because of Verizon.

I'm sticking with TMO to the bitter end.
Only major service provider I'd consider would be Sprint,
and their 4G coverage in central Florida is not good.

I'd seriously consider MetroPCS with their 4G if they would
get some decent 4G phones as their 4G coverage is not much worse than Sprints
around here.

:D

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
What you purport is that there is a systemic, top-to-bottom agenda against customers "in your area". The fly in that ointment is that your location has nothing to do with which call center receives your call for support. Nada.

I've had bad customer support via phone as well, but it's simply irrational to believe there is a conspiracy within your location.

In this area AT&T and especially Verizon are legendary for the way they train their
customer service phone support reps to have "the customer is always wrong and is
always trying to rip us off" attitudes.

Its the norm for the customer service phone reps to be snarky & nasty to customers
that have the nerve to call in with their issues.

It cant be the carriers, it has to be the irrational and incoherent customers.

Yep.

:confused:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain//

going_home

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
What you purport is that there is a systemic, top-to-bottom agenda against customers "in your area". The fly in that ointment is that your location has nothing to do with which call center receives your call for support. Nada.

I've had bad customer support via phone as well, but it's simply irrational to believe there is a conspiracy within your location.

irrational

conspiracy

AT&T

Verizon

FCC

DOJ

Congress

Whitehouse

:-$

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sad about the merger. I've been with tmo for many years and always had great service. I took one of my lines to att for a little more than a year and had 2 iphones because I was sick of waiting for tmo to roll out 3G. When I was on my iphone 3gs I didn't have many problems but right before they released the iphone 4 the network went to crap. Plus the iphone 4 was a pos so I came back to tmo and switched to android on my primary line. Then I switched to sprint for 10 horrible days and came right back. Sprints network was awful in my area!

So...either I put up with the merger or I switch to vzw. What a choice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe