AT&T update failed 3 times

Cheburashkaa

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help? It keeps saying it was interrupted, but nothing has interrupted it. I've tried three times where it's downloaded (670 mb or whatever) and my phone restarts for the update and then it pops up saying it failed.

Cheburashkaa

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I cleared about 2 gigs worth of photos/apps, and talked to AT&T on live chat. He pushed it through and it seems like it might be working. It's on the 'Updating 31%' now. Maybe you can try the same? He also suggested going to BestBuy and talking to the samsung people

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going to Best Buy to have my phone updated but that didn't go smoothly either. Somehow the failed updates were showing 5.1.1 when connected to their computers, but 5.0.2 on my phone. They updated it twice but it still showed 5.0.2 on my phone. I ended up doing a factory reset, but it still showed the same crap, until it suddenly started downloading the update over the air, which took FOREVER on the store wifi. What should have been a 15 minute visit turned into an hour and a half when it was all said and done. I'm still in the process of reinstalling all my apps and what not. It did add Samsung Pay for me and I was able to set that up without issue.

Cheburashkaa

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
That's what I did. I cleared 2 mb of space (I had 3 free so I didn't need I think) and he pushed it to my phone. It took probably like an hour and a half in total.

Snutting

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine failed 4 times. I tried everything I could think of:
1. Re-enabled all apps that I had disabled.
2. Changed my theme from one I had downloaded back to the default.
3. Cleared my cache.
4. Started the phone in safe mode and tried to update again.
Each time, I went through the 40 minute download and it failed as soon as it got to 1% and I was greeted by the "Upgrade Interrupted" message when I logged in again.

This morning I bit the bullet and did a factory reset, then the upgrade worked without a problem (except the obvious PITA of setting my phone up again).

Amochi013

May 30, 2014
Visit site
You guys are lucky, mine won't even show me the update, it just says I'm at the latest version!......
US UT maybe because I'm using and AT&T phone on cricket wireless?

Posted via the Android Central App

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine failed 4 times. I tried everything I could think of:
1. Re-enabled all apps that I had disabled.
2. Changed my theme from one I had downloaded back to the default.
3. Cleared my cache.
4. Started the phone in safe mode and tried to update again.
Each time, I went through the 40 minute download and it failed as soon as it got to 1% and I was greeted by the "Upgrade Interrupted" message when I logged in again.

This morning I bit the bullet and did a factory reset, then the upgrade worked without a problem (except the obvious PITA of setting my phone up again).

I feel your pain! I had to do the same thing after fourfailed attempts. Enjoying the increased functionality of the edge screen.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an idea how to try the upgrade again? The first time it failed, but I don't know how to try to update again. How do I get to the "do you want to upgrade" screen?

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Cleared cache, the next time the update tried it went through. Although I don't notice any difference except maybe better batter life..