Atrix or iPhone

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
All the different Os have their own BS we have to deal with but its just a matter of which one can be the happy medium.BB os....good but really not for any entertainment purposes,IOS....well nice for gaming and stuff its fast but you cant customze much and then theres I tunes...not a cool thing to do.Android....good lacks some features and its not as open source as they paint the picture but overall pretty good with apps,games need work though.
In general its up to you what you like,or should I say how bad you would like to get ripped off.Lets face it every carrier cripples any phone coming out cause all the big or small carriers want this..$$$$

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i'd get the atrix also. the OTA update makes the phone way better, the battery last even longer which i didn't even think was possible. but the atrix is still the best by far and will be in terms of power, battery, screen, etc. for a long time. Also include the money for SPB shell 3D when you purchase the atrix if you choose to because its is the best launcher EVER!!

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Will be tough to get non-biased answers on an Atrix forum as I am sure most of the owners here love their phones. Same will be true if you post this question on an iPhone or Evo 3D forum...

Ultimately it comes down to Android vs iOS and AT&T vs Sprint. Since the Evo 3D hasnt been released yet it will be difficult to predict battery life & other potential issues with the phone. If you prefer one carrier over another, the choice is pretty easy. If you are happy with AT&T and Sprint's service and live in a 4G area for both carriers I am guessing you cant go wrong with either phone!

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D is gonna EAT battery life incredibly. Go with the Atrix. The Battery is the best in its class. A lot of stuff going on and I can have the phone get the the entire day with time left. The phone is the fastest in its class and Moto's on the rise. Ill be ordering my Xoom tommarow :) Really Impressed with the quality comming out of them lately.

Really? lol 1730 mah battery, Moto still sucks.
the new snapdragon beats the tegra 2 in battery life and performance.
The Evo 3d destroys the atrix.
No i'm not a evo fanboi, I'm getting the nexus s 4g and that is still better then the atrix (watch the reviews and versus).

Dhamp2g

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I pit the iphone and Atrix side by side in ATT store and you jusy cant tell the diff in display and im a HD junkie. As far as games go you can only play games on a phone for so long. Its just a time killer for 30 min mabe. After that I just gey tired of playn on the small screen.

Dhamp2g

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The evo 3Djust matched the display and we domt know about battery yet but it also has a faster 1.2ghz power saving chip. I would say that the Atrix has already been dethroned.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Really? lol 1730 mah battery, Moto still sucks.
the new snapdragon beats the tegra 2 in battery life and performance.
The Evo 3d destroys the atrix.
No i'm not a evo fanboi, I'm getting the nexus s 4g and that is still better then the atrix (watch the reviews and versus).

The evo 3d destroys the atrix? Dude, the evo isnt even out yet so you have no idea what you are talking about. Personally, I dont care either way, but you cant make a statement like that.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Atrix has a 1930maH battery, not 1730. HTC Is notorious for battery performance. Right next to me I have my brother in law who is a manger for Sprint and owns an Evo. Hes phone is on the charger at all times of the day. HTC makes great devices but I dont see how one will think that the Evo is better then the Atrix. How can you say that Tegra Processors are not good? When there new and we own the first phone with one. The first Evo isnt near as close to the speed on the Atrix. The Evo 3D might be sweet but were talking about something thats totally different then what the Atrix has to offer. Ok, wait till the Atrix 3D comes out then we will talk. But you cant pit 2 phones up that are different really. The Nexus S will be hot dont get me wrong, but it still doesnt have the specs the Atrix does.

In Charlie Seans voice, 'WINNING'

I love how people that dont own the phone come in that phones specific forum and try to trash it. These forums arent about arguing. You can state your opinions in a better way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duvi

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix has a 1930maH battery, not 1730. HTC Is notorious for battery performance. Right next to me I have my brother in law who is a manger for Sprint and owns an Evo. Hes phone is on the charger at all times of the day. HTC makes great devices but I dont see how one will think that the Evo is better then the Atrix. How can you say that Tegra Processors are not good? When there new and we own the first phone with one. The first Evo isnt near as close to the speed on the Atrix. The Evo 3D might be sweet but were talking about something thats totally different then what the Atrix has to offer. Ok, wait till the Atrix 3D comes out then we will talk. But you cant pit 2 phones up that are different really. The Nexus S will be hot dont get me wrong, but it still doesnt have the specs the Atrix does.

In Charlie Seans voice, 'WINNING'

I love how people that dont own the phone come in that phones specific forum and try to trash it. These forums arent about arguing. You can state your opinions in a better way.
I'm not saying the tegra 2's aren't 'good' but the DC snapdragons out perform it.
No **** the first evo came out 8 months ago dude, thats like comparing the hero to the evo. And my evo currently gets 10 hours with medium-heavy usage on cm7.
No i'm not getting the evo 3d, but they already did benchmarks with the DC snapdragon thats in the evo3d and it out performs the tegra 2 thats in the atrix. I'm getting the nexus s since it's pure google no BS ui's and straight updates from google.
lol you have to root the atrix just to be able to install apps outside the market, not the phones fault but it's the nickel and dime company you call att.
Yeah the nexus s doesn't have the specs but in reviews it's better, the camera quality is better, as far as benchmarks stock it keeps up pretty damn good for being a single core. motorola has crap hardware, always have.
It's always funny when people still are comparing the og evo to the new phones, of course all the new phones will outperform it, it's 8 months old..lol duh

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm not saying the tegra 2's aren't 'good' but the DC snapdragons out perform it.
No **** the first evo came out 8 months ago dude, thats like comparing the hero to the evo. And my evo currently gets 10 hours with medium-heavy usage on cm7.
No i'm not getting the evo 3d, but they already did benchmarks with the DC snapdragon thats in the evo3d and it out performs the tegra 2 thats in the atrix. I'm getting the nexus s since it's pure google no BS ui's and straight updates from google.
lol you have to root the atrix just to be able to install apps outside the market, not the phones fault but it's the nickel and dime company you call att.
Yeah the nexus s doesn't have the specs but in reviews it's better, the camera quality is better, as far as benchmarks stock it keeps up pretty damn good for being a single core. motorola has crap hardware, always have.
It's always funny when people still are comparing the og evo to the new phones, of course all the new phones will outperform it, it's 8 months old..lol duh
you are incorrect... rooting is not required to get apps that aren't in the market. i am not rooted and have quite a few apps that i didn't get from the market.

i was close to getting the nexus s, but realized i was only going to get it because of the screen. aside from that, i wasn't gonna get the dual-core processors. i wasn't gonna get the 1gb ram. i wasn't gonna get the front facing camera. i wasn't gonna get the media dock and/or webtop capabilities. nexus s seems a bit outdated, imho.

i have yet to own an HTC device with great battery life and screen responsiveness. i have owned/used a lot. evo, nexus one, tilt, 8525, 8125, etc. not saying it won't be a good device, but if you want good battery life and great screen responsiveness, HTC isn't gonna be the best in that category.

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I agree Duvi. Super Amoled is the only good thing on the Nexus S. If the Atrix had Super Amoled, I dont think theres a phone out right now that would be better. But qHD is good and close to it. I also dont have my Atrix rooted, and I have apps on there not from the market. Thats what the good ol Sideload Wonder Machine is for. HSUPA is being pushed out this month. So either way my speeds arent that bad at all and Im content with them. And I dont even have to pay an extra $10 a month for it like on Sprint.

Reactions: lonestarranger

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
you are incorrect... rooting is not required to get apps that aren't in the market. i am not rooted and have quite a few apps that i didn't get from the market.

i was close to getting the nexus s, but realized i was only going to get it because of the screen. aside from that, i wasn't gonna get the dual-core processors. i wasn't gonna get the 1gb ram. i wasn't gonna get the front facing camera. i wasn't gonna get the media dock and/or webtop capabilities. nexus s seems a bit outdated, imho.

i have yet to own an HTC device with great battery life and screen responsiveness. i have owned/used a lot. evo, nexus one, tilt, 8525, 8125, etc. not saying it won't be a good device, but if you want good battery life and great screen responsiveness, HTC isn't gonna be the best in that category.

First off, The Nexus S has a front camera lol.
Dual core means nothing in Android right now since no apps actually utilize them fully. Outdated? no, the Nexus S has a better camera, and still keeps up with the Atrix even with it's single core.
Screen responsiveness and you own a phone with moto blur? LOL you have to be kidding moto blur is by far the worst (right next to touch wiz) UI on android, sense, by far is the best, widgets are top notch, and with 2.1/2.2 sense it has a bunch of customization (check out the thunderbolt).

I agree HTC doesn't have amazing battery life, but no android phone is top notch in battery life, maybe Samsung, they have impressed me the most with battery life. Like I said I get 9-12 hours with medium to heavy usage (100% brightness as well).

Yeah spend $500 on that stupid webtop, I'd rather buy an actual laptop then buy that thing, yeah cool idea but not for $500 EXTRA.
Unless your running half of your apps on your phone you don't need the 1gb lol hell my evo has 512 and I can't make my phone freeze if I wanted, I can run 15 apps and no problem (oc'd to 1.2). Yea more more ram the better but yeah i agree 512 in the nexus s is pretty ****ty for a new phone, but I've played with the GSM version and it kept up with everything I threw at it, plus it's going to get updates straight from google and it won't have a bunch of crapware (not sure what comes on the atrix).

Of course being in the Atrix forum everyone is going to think their phone is the **** and has no problems at all.

ricky99797

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree Duvi. Super Amoled is the only good thing on the Nexus S. If the Atrix had Super Amoled, I dont think theres a phone out right now that would be better. But qHD is good and close to it. I also dont have my Atrix rooted, and I have apps on there not from the market. Thats what the good ol Sideload Wonder Machine is for. HSUPA is being pushed out this month. So either way my speeds arent that bad at all and Im content with them. And I dont even have to pay an extra $10 a month for it like on Sprint.

Lol $10 a month and still cheaper then any comparable plan on ATT.
At least I can tether as much as I want and use as much data as I want (last month I used 11 gb's, I avg 10+ as I tether my laptop and ps3 to my phone).
Verizon and AT&T are getting more strict on rooting and tethering, so have fun with that.

Maybe the Atrix is the exception, but try to install non market apps on any other android phone from att, hell do you guys even have the amazon market app yet? (jw not trying to be a smart ass)
I pay $165 for 3 lines, unlimted texts, unlimited and unthrottled data, 1900 landline mins, unlimited any mobile mins (any carrier), roadside assitance on 2 of the lines, no discount either..

lonestarranger

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the Atrix is the exception, but try to install non market apps on any other android phone from att, hell do you guys even have the amazon market app yet? (jw not trying to be a smart ass)

I've gotten the Amazon AppStore on my Atrix using the AC Sideload Wonder Machine. So yes, it's doable.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, you people are only arguing to justify your own purchases. Who cares what everyone else thinks is better? Research, try them out and buy the one you like. It's just silly to argue over all this crap, be happy with what you buy and leave it at that.

That being said, arguing over carriers is a different story. I'd love to be on sprint, t-mobile, or verizon if I had the choice right now. AT&T has been, is, and will always be sheisty b*stards.

Freakish Gnome

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
True, but I've never heard people complain about a carrier more than at&t. Honestly, without their enormous coverage and the iPhone they would've died a long time ago

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
True, but I've never heard people complain about a carrier more than at&t. Honestly, without their enormous coverage and the iPhone they would've died a long time ago
complaining, yet they're staying with at&t and at&t subscriber counts keep increasing by the millions.

sprint and t-mobile, they been shedding more customers than a biggest loser contestant losing weight. makes no sense. <<shoulder shrug>>

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
First off, The Nexus S has a front camera lol.
Dual core means nothing in Android right now since no apps actually utilize them fully. Outdated? no, the Nexus S has a better camera, and still keeps up with the Atrix even with it's single core.
Screen responsiveness and you own a phone with moto blur? LOL you have to be kidding moto blur is by far the worst (right next to touch wiz) UI on android, sense, by far is the best, widgets are top notch, and with 2.1/2.2 sense it has a bunch of customization (check out the thunderbolt).

I agree HTC doesn't have amazing battery life, but no android phone is top notch in battery life, maybe Samsung, they have impressed me the most with battery life. Like I said I get 9-12 hours with medium to heavy usage (100% brightness as well).

Yeah spend $500 on that stupid webtop, I'd rather buy an actual laptop then buy that thing, yeah cool idea but not for $500 EXTRA.
Unless your running half of your apps on your phone you don't need the 1gb lol hell my evo has 512 and I can't make my phone freeze if I wanted, I can run 15 apps and no problem (oc'd to 1.2). Yea more more ram the better but yeah i agree 512 in the nexus s is pretty ****ty for a new phone, but I've played with the GSM version and it kept up with everything I threw at it, plus it's going to get updates straight from google and it won't have a bunch of crapware (not sure what comes on the atrix).

Of course being in the Atrix forum everyone is going to think their phone is the **** and has no problems at all.

you're right about the front facing cam... that was actually the responses i used against the HTC Inspire 4G. my bad.

you may not understand how many devices i use, but i currently have a samsung that does out before i go to sleep with wifi-only (no cell data) and light usage. i switch batteries before i go to sleep and by the time i wake up.

the atrix on motorola > samsung devices with the "beautiful" screens. and i don't even have the brightness on high... it's on auto.

glad you skipped over the "media dock" part because that isn't $500. but since it's about money for you, you could always use the webtop hack and not have to buy any of the accessories. you also didn't say anything about the 1gb of ram.

how much research have you done on the atrix that you're commenting and make so many inaccurate statements? there are apps that do take advantage of the dual cores. what does MotoBlur have to do with the responsiveness of the screen, or lack there of on HTC devices?

also, how is 15 hours of battery use on my atrix (heavy usage... almost 8500 sms done with 6 days left on my cycle) with 30% battery left not top notch? no battery saving tips being used, screen on auto, tons of emails, twittering, about an hour worth of calls and wifi/gps on all day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967