August Security on AT&T?

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Question - does anyone with AT&T not have the August security update?

I had issue with my SIM (AT&T had issues I should say; repeatedly), they ultimately have me using the one from my Note 9. My mother's 10+ had the security update pushing to be completed right after we finished setup. She's on my plan, but mine still says software up to date with July being the last.

I contacted AT&T again and they were adamant it isn't SIM related, but then they also swore I'd get the update "within 30 minutes" a couple of days ago because they allegedly forced it to my device.

Curious if others have the issue, because if not I guess I have to get over to an AT&T store and fight harder. I understand the August update brings better security but also camera, fingerprint upgrades that I'd very much like.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you go to AT&T. ask them where the Device Support Center is (there's usually one in every decent-sized town) - the DSC can do the update while you wait. (And wait and wait ... it's first come, first served, so bring something to read.)

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
If you go to AT&T. ask them where the Device Support Center is (there's usually one in every decent-sized town) - the DSC can do the update while you wait. (And wait and wait ... it's first come, first served, so bring something to read.)

Thanks, but none in Alaska.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
AT&T told me to just keep checking for updates. They couldn't do anything for me, aside from give me a new SIM just because mine was old and apparently beat up.

They told me to go back to BestBuy and ask for an exchange. Ugh...

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Check smart switch , download to your computer and see any updates

Claims to be current. AT&T acted like there must be something wrong. Just as I checked again for an update using the phone it quickly flashed an error about DM initialization not being ready ... a quick google has people suggesting a badly rooted phone. Well, it is brand new so doubtful. But the error does make me wonder what may be going on... I don't think they have any in stock. I dread if this has to be returned.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Claims to be current. AT&T acted like there must be something wrong. Just as I checked again for an update using the phone it quickly flashed an error about DM initialization not being ready ... a quick google has people suggesting a badly rooted phone. Well, it is brand new so doubtful. But the error does make me wonder what may be going on... I don't think they have any in stock. I dread if this has to be returned.
You familiar with Odin and flashing?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It has to be Att because I'm also having the same issue ( it was the same with my n9). I keep hearing about an update but I'm getting nothing.

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Question - does anyone with AT&T not have the August security update?

I had issue with my SIM (AT&T had issues I should say; repeatedly), they ultimately have me using the one from my Note 9. My mother's 10+ had the security update pushing to be completed right after we finished setup. She's on my plan, but mine still says software up to date with July being the last.

I contacted AT&T again and they were adamant it isn't SIM related, but then they also swore I'd get the update "within 30 minutes" a couple of days ago because they allegedly forced it to my device.

Curious if others have the issue, because if not I guess I have to get over to an AT&T store and fight harder. I understand the August update brings better security but also camera, fingerprint upgrades that I'd very much like.

Not to derail this thread, as I'm on the August update, but I could not get my new sim that came with my ATT Note10+ to activate either. I did not call ATT, just put my Note9 sim in and went on. Is that similar to what happened to you?

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It has to be Att because I'm also having the same issue ( it was the same with my n9). I keep hearing about an update but I'm getting nothing.

That gives me hope though, because everyone I know in person with the 10+ got their AT&T update immediately. So to know it isn't just my phone is probably a good thing. The AT&T rep acted like something must be very wrong because "it should be there".

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'll add, when I check it doesn't pause to think about it like my 9 does. While at AT&T if anyone is curious, he restatted, changed SIM cards, and forced stopped a few things before trying again. He searched online and was concerned because he declared nobody else is having this issue, and even their display had the August update. lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That gives me hope though, because everyone I know in person with the 10+ got their AT&T update immediately. So to know it isn't just my phone is probably a good thing. The AT&T rep acted like something must be very wrong because "it should be there".
With my n9 they kept telling me that there were no updates available although their site said differently . Any update that came to that phone I had to sideload to my phone. Looks like it will be the same for this phone.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Not to derail this thread, as I'm on the August update, but I could not get my new sim that came with my ATT Note10+ to activate either. I did not call ATT, just put my Note9 sim in and went on. Is that similar to what happened to you?

I jumped on to AT&T chat and had them try to make the new one work before I told them I am reusing mine. They agreed to update it on their end so it tied my account to the correct phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I guess I'll add, when I check it doesn't pause to think about it like my 9 does. While at AT&T if anyone is curious, he restatted, changed SIM cards, and forced stopped a few things before trying again. He searched online and was concerned because he declared nobody else is having this issue, and even their display had the August update. lol
You can always try the old trick , bumping the days ahead like 3 see if update appears by turning auto time and date off and go 2 or 3 days ahead and check

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
With my n9 they kept telling me that there were no updates available although their site said differently . Any update that came to that phone I had to sideload to my phone. Looks like it will be the same for this phone.

How delayed did it tend to be? Smart switch says I'm current still. I was really looking forward to the improvements for the camera and FPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia