August Security on AT&T?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How delayed did it tend to be? Smart switch says I'm current still. I was really looking forward to the improvements for the camera and FPS.
On my note 9 I was on the July 2018 security patch while everyone else was getting August or September security patches.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had gotten a new sims card and I had to even get another n9 for a different issue. That one wouldn't update either .

ROE_HUNTER

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I jumped on to AT&T chat and had them try to make the new one work before I told them I am reusing mine. They agreed to update it on their end so it tied my account to the correct phone.

Yes , I probably should at least let them update it so it actually shows my Note10+ in my account. It just shows a generic device now.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I did a factory reset and a few other things I saw online to try, but still no update. I also get a "DM initialization not ready, check SIM card or network" error frequently when trying (I noticed it first at AT&T; he kept tapping it away before I could read). Reading up online, I found dozens of complaints where this issue never resolved when occurring with a brand new device (note I was focused on looking up Samsung/AT&T specifically for what it's worth); some of them had their Note stuck on an old version of Android and we unable to get either party to correct the issue.

I also read a comment suggesting the device may be 'blacklisted' based on the issue for a brand new phone (the error message in particular), which is a term I noticed in the BestBuy preorder thread regarding all of the network issues that occurred. No idea, but maybe it's a problem between BestBuy/Samsung/AT&T that plagued some of us and is persisting on my phone. AT&T swore mine would update immediately if I did A, B, C ... then they swore if I just did X, Y, Z ... ultimately, they had no confidence when I asked if I'd "ever" get updates and emphasized a return would be best. Samsung just pointed their finger at AT&T, and I am sure BestBuy will do the same. (Heck, even I don't doubt it's somehow AT&T's fault. I've been with them a long time but I know darn well their faults. Options are limited here, the service is worth it.)

So, wish me luck. I really don't like the idea of a brand new $1K+ phone not getting updates or resulting in an insurance claim (costing me $) in a few months potentially. I am just days in to having the device so I plan to take it back to BestBuy in person. Just today, online it claims my store has three Aura Blue in stock and none of the Aura Glow like my current device. Frankly, I'd prefer blue so I will make the polite but persuasive argument that they allow me to 'exchange' (keep my preorder gift!) and walk out with the blue. I have no real faith in BestBuy at this point, but I want to be positive and think maybe they'll appreciate the hassle this has been - I've spent countless hours on the phone, online chat, and in person dealing with issues regarding device registration and now the software not updating.

I think I'll be prepared to say f- it and just return it if they won't budge, so that (fingers crossed) I can still walk out with the blue N10+. I'm just tired of waiting and want to be experiencing the N10+ now (hence the preorder back on the 10th), not wait another unknown period for another glow to ship.

I went back to my N9 in order to do the factory reset, and I am so ready to say goodbye to it! Incremental upgrade may be accurate, but a few days on a 10+ sure makes the 9 feel dated. :p

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Blue in hand. Gorgeous. Updated IMMEDIATELY, no weird error messages.

I will hand it to BestBuy, he was no hassle, happy to let me change colors because they didn't have the same, etc. They did insist on processing a "return exchange" for it to go right in the systems, which let's face it will probably kill my preorder. But I will fight Samsung a bit on that, I only took it back because it had a clear defect which the guy acknowledged needed replacing as well. They didn't charge the restock in light of that.

So if you are torn, just my two cents but I'm so glad to have one I know will continue to update smoothly.

I did get the new pricing ($200 off) and the free old wireless charging pad, so if I lose the preorder at least there's that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Glad it worked out for you , enjoy it !

Blue in hand. Gorgeous. Updated IMMEDIATELY, no weird error messages.

I will hand it to BestBuy, he was no hassle, happy to let me change colors because they didn't have the same, etc. They did insist on processing a "return exchange" for it to go right in the systems, which let's face it will probably kill my preorder. But I will fight Samsung a bit on that, I only took it back because it had a clear defect which the guy acknowledged needed replacing as well. They didn't charge the restock in light of that.

So if you are torn, just my two cents but I'm so glad to have one I know will continue to update smoothly.

I did get the new pricing ($200 off) and the free old wireless charging pad, so if I lose the preorder at least there's that.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got your issue fixed. This is definitely an at&t problem. I'm still waiting on this update I was supposed to get when I first got the phone.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Glad you got your issue fixed. This is definitely an at&t problem. I'm still waiting on this update I was supposed to get when I first got the phone.

Sorry to hear. After the error messages I got too worried about continued issues. Slow updates is frustrating, but none and/or neverending network errors? Pass.

Weirdly, he didn't really want to explain, but the second the BestBuy guy was checking the account and preorder on his end to process the return he made a face and said oh yeah, you definitely have something wrong with this one. I was just eager to walk out with a different one at that point so I let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia