august security patch

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Some of the apps that I had on the SD card showed a generic icon for a few minutes but they still worked. And the correct icon for each showed up after 20 minutes or so. Didn't have to do anything with them.
According to other sources we're supposed to have FM radio now, Fulcan API support and better HD calling.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mobile carriers generally decide when a phone will get an update. Even if Samsung has released the official OTA update, it may be delayed due to carriers.
I have a Note 4, running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, & I have been regularly receiving monthly security updates (patches)......just received one 2 days back.
Now Google's September security patch will be due in next 10 days or so.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ever since this update on my AT&T phone, my app permissions are all ****ed. I've had to go in and turn on permissions for almost every single app I've tried to use. If this continues I'm going to hard reset and start over.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone UK here, got the update and I hate the new gallery. No option to have the big album previews :(

EDIT: If you pinch to zoom in you can get the big previews back. Rather annoying to have it set like that beforehand

Last edited:

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Ever since this update on my AT&T phone, my app permissions are all ****ed. I've had to go in and turn on permissions for almost every single app I've tried to use. If this continues I'm going to hard reset and start over.

Dang, att beat sprint..thats pretty sad

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, battery is even worse on August patch with at&t

Mine was doing bad after the patch for a day or so. Left it unplugged overnight and it went from 56% battery down to 18% just sitting on the night stand. Got really warm today and seemed to have crappie battery life. I did a restart and all has been well since. My battery seems to be back to normal now. Running cool and lasting like it did before I loaded the patch.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile was on it for about 3 months, and now...nothing.

I swear, hate to say it, but everyday I'm being pushed more and more towards an iPhone. : /