Auto restart

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I know one of the culprits. I have had a feeling that my restarts were due to the Samsung Theme Store. I felt this way even before I did the factory reset. After my last random restart about a month ago (a month after the factory reset) I opened in safe mode, refixed the settings safe mode changed, got my theme back up and I kept the same theme going until yesterday. As I was going into the theme store yesterday, I said to myself, "watch you have a restart in the next 24 hours." Yep, this morning when I woke up it had restarted itself. Since factory resetting the phone, I have not used any free themes. This is the only thing I can trace these restarts to. After I did my reset, I only installed about half my apps so that I could try to get to the bottom of these restarts.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I know one of the culprits. I have had a feeling that my restarts were due to the Samsung Theme Store. I felt this way even before I did the factory reset. After my last random restart about a month ago (a month after the factory reset) I opened in safe mode, refixed the settings safe mode changed, got my theme back up and I kept the same theme going until yesterday. As I was going into the theme store yesterday, I said to myself, "watch you have a restart in the next 24 hours." Yep, this morning when I woke up it had restarted itself. Since factory resetting the phone, I have not used any free themes. This is the only thing I can trace these restarts to. After I did my reset, I only installed about half my apps so that I could try to get to the bottom of these restarts.
Good find, I forget that themes can cause issues , remembering back in Note 9 days lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good find, I forget that themes can cause issues , remembering back in Note 9 days lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

I just spoke with Samsung. Very nice rep. He is going to escalate my issue regarding the themes. I also have a text number for him and plan on staying in touch regarding this issue. I am going to try to find a close Samsung tech to run a diagnosis on the phone. Mustang, I mentioned you when I was on the phone with the rep and he said that Samsung needs you to work for them. :-*

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just spoke with Samsung. Very nice rep. He is going to escalate my issue regarding the themes. I also have a text number for him and plan on staying in touch regarding this issue. I am going to try to find a close Samsung tech to run a diagnosis on the phone. Mustang, I mentioned you when I was on the phone with the rep and he said that Samsung needs you to work for them. :-*
i would miss you guys , so im staying here .

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Just an update. My Note 20 is getting worse. The phone is now randomly restarting several times a day. This is quite annoying if I do not notice because I am missing several phone calls each day as the phone will not completely restart without the password.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just an update. My Note 20 is getting worse. The phone is now randomly restarting several times a day. This is quite annoying if I do not notice because I am missing several phone calls each day as the phone will not completely restart without the password.

Time to clean the cache partition, and if that doesn't help factory reset without installing any third party apps until you can see if it's still randomly restarting or not ;)

Dee74

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Time to clean the cache partition, and if that doesn't help factory reset without installing any third party apps until you can see if it's still randomly restarting or not ;)
Cleaned the cache three times now, that is a short term solution. The next update needs to address this issue.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. Maybe it's fixed, maybe not. I haven't had a restart since Wednesday the 3rd. I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
My Note 20 U started to restart a few times a week while in my pocket after an update a few months back. I went into settings and reset all settings and it seems to have fixed it.

Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings.

You won't lose data like a factory reset but will need to set some things up again.

I don't think mine has restarted since I did this, it's unfortunate it's not working for everyone. There must be a setting somewhere that is glitched and causing the restarts.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My phone restarted again this morning. It's getting annoying now.

I've never had a phone do that luckily, but that would become extremely annoying extremely quickly :eek: Especially if it was happening when I was trying to use it. Have you already tried a factory reset?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a phone do that luckily, but that would become extremely annoying extremely quickly :eek: Especially if it was happening when I was trying to use it. Have you already tried a factory reset?

I haven't, but others in this thread and another thread have said that a factory reset didn't help. So I'm hesitant to do one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz