[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12)

i find 2 malicious in the app !!!!!
check multi engine antivirus scaner
virustotal.com
metascan-online.com

False positive. Report it to your AV provider and they will review it and determined it safe. I am the developer, there is nothing malicious in this application.

{{ WugFresh }}

tomd87

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

I went through the steps in the initial setup and in step 2, used the recommended solution (#3). I got to the stage where I have to reload and I get the little android man lying on his back with the "start" banner and volume key arrows. I try pressing both these buttons and nothing is happening. I try clicking the "reboot bootloader" button prompt and get the same error message that fastloader device couldn't be found. Is my phone done for? :'(

EDIT: I managed to get it to factory setting, will retry using a YouTube guide.

Last edited:

blindyism

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

what is suggested for rooting a vzw galaxy nexus phone with android 4.2.2 from osx? don't have windows to put in vmware to run the one click tool kit, and don't wanna brick; so what guide should i follow?
thanks

Lethalflare

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Hello.
First of all, thanks for the program.
I'm having some concerns. I have win8, and it was painful to get it working.
I did choose #3 (RAW) as driver installation method. In device manager: After choosing the unrecognized driver manually, it didn't update the device to ''ADB Interface''. Instead, it named itself ''Nexus 4'' I also had enabled driver enforcement on boot :). So I tried to uninstall the driver, since it was supposed to be called ''ADB Interface''. But whenever I uninstalled it, it would just install itself as ''Nexus 4''. I tried almost everything, removing from usbdiew etc. It wouldn't install as a unrecognized driver again. So I just moved on, and I was told to configure the driver when it was in bootloader. It didn't show up as a unrecognized. Trying to update the drivers, Windows would say this was the best driver. So trying for 30m to remove driver, I just tried to test them. And they worked even though the name of the drivers were different than what it should have been as stated in the tutorial, and I didn't even configure the driver under bootloader mode. So I went ahead and rooted.

Question is, will I have problems? Did it install properly, and should I do something with the driver situation (that it won't remove itself?)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 (Updated 02/24/13)

V1.6.4 is out. I will update this thread later today.

{{ WugFresh }}

shah.jimish

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.5 (Updated 11/04/12)

Sorry to **** in...I happen to own Galaxy Nexus. And its 16gb.
I cant create a nandroid as I have insufficient space
I tried using Wug's NRT, but nothing happened as it creates a nandroid in phone as well as in my pc.

Is there any way I can create a nandroid on my pc?

Help will be appreciated!

jonesyGT

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.5 (Updated 11/04/12)

I keep trying to download the toolkit but it only gets to about 25MB & says its complete.
Ive tried a couple of mirrors but a similar thing happens.
Can anyone give some pointers?
Am I better off waiting till 1.6.6 comes?

Cheers

shaulliv

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Hello,
I can't root my Nexus 4, It's running android 4.3 (JWR66V) and I'm trying to root with the v1.6.6 toolkit.
The problem occurs after the toolkit flashes the modified img (for elevated privilages) to the device, after that step the device fails to reboot fully.
The device reaches a state where the screen is off but the toolkit (and PC) detects as id the device is completely booted then the toolkit tries to push root files to the device.
after that the device tries to reboot into recovery but instead an red exclamation mark appears, from this point the toolkit proceeds as usual but at the end of the process the device is not rooted.
Does anyone knows what could be the cause of this and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

geoffalldred

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys for anyone i have a questions, probably Noo8 material. If I use the NRT to root ONLY, not flash customer recovery, can i go back with the root w/ customer recovery later and install the customer recovery. #2 can i use the flash stock and unroot button even if i never flashed customer recovery and/or any roms, etc. ??
Thx

dmg1986

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

my nexus 7 gets stuck on Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands how do i get past it to root my tablet

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I used Wug's last night to back up, then did a factory reset, then restored. All went well, but I also restored my SMS history. Now my phone tells me i have 16000+ new text messages and then I go to SMS, it get's stuck at "Loading Conversations". I've tried using multiple apps to delete all my sms history, but nothing is working. Help!? I can't use SMS anymore.

Kumori Ookami

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Okay I made a full backup a while back, made some modifications to my nexus 6 then relocked it back up to later realize some of the apps I had are no longer on the market. Is there a way for me to pull the apk files from the backup so I can reinstall these apps manually without wiping my phone again?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d