Bricked my Nexus 5 using a root Toolkit to flash stock & unroot. Help?!

thenjboss

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
used the WugFresh toolkit. tried to flash the stock (updated) ROM as I was on 5.0.1 and lock device.

i am now stuck in Fastboot and cannot seem to get the device to power on.

I keep getting the following errors:

Sending System Failed Too Many Links

and now I am getting:

Sending Bootloader FAILED

Sending Radio FAILED

No such device or address

I will seriously Paypal someone to help me. I am so frustrated and annoyed at myself for messing this up.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
used the WugFresh toolkit. tried to flash the stock (updated) ROM as I was on 5.0.1 and lock device.

Do yourself a favor and avoid toolkits for this reason (no idea about what went wrong).

Assuming your bootloader is unlocked, follow the instructions here - [TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Re… | Google Nexus 5 | XDA Forums
Read the first post completely (don't use Method 1, use Method 2 instead). Also, do NOT relock your bootloader even after everything is done.

The only one thing that I'd change in those steps is this:
After the "★Connect your phone to your PC through your USB cable."
★Open a CMD window.
Before you start all those FASTBOOT commands, type this one command
FASTBOOT DEVICES
This should return back your phone's serial#. If it does, you are good to go ahead with the fastboot commands listed on that page. If not, you either don't have the fastboot drivers installed correctly, or you need to use a different USB port or USB cable.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

I keep getting the following errors:

Sending System Failed Too Many Links

and now I am getting:

Sending Bootloader FAILED

Sending Radio FAILED

No such device or address

I will seriously Paypal someone to help me. I am so frustrated and annoyed at myself for messing this up.

While I'm a big fan of comment line, I've also never had any issues using NRT. Sometimes you just want to "click it and forget it". :)

Your FAILED messages "sounds" like your bootloader may not be unlocked. I'd follow @jj14x's link above.