Automatic boot up?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have all the same apps I have had on this phone since day one had the phone for about a month now. But out of no wear today I go to turn off my phone reset it like I do everymorning. When I turn the phone off it automatically reboots by itself will not stay off did this several times. And then I waited an hour or two and tried it again. Phone reboots itself will not stay off. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure yet, mine has been doing this too. Fortunately each time it has happened so far (it's sporadic) I had the intention of turning it back on anyway.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you two are turning off the phone are you doing this by long pressing power then selecting "Power Off"? This should shut if off.

If you are long pressing the power button until the screen shuts off then it will power back on.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
When you two are turning off the phone are you doing this by long pressing power then selecting "Power Off"? This should shut if off.

If you are long pressing the power button until the screen shuts off then it will power back on.
I wasn't aware of this! Thank you!
Most of the time I tap "Power off", but I wonder if sometimes I hold the power button down too long and it just shuts off then? This would explain why I only experience the phone rebooting occasionally after shutting down. I'll keep an eye on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777