Available this August!?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Soo from the Roger's video, it looks like we can gather alot from the device.

Voice controls are always active
Flip it twice to access the Camera
Active Updates (No notification light, shows on the screen subtly) which also say's that the device's screen will either be always on, or it has a very, very black screen (yay)
Headphone jack is ontop
Will have exclusivity internationally, which may prove the same in the US
New Icons? The notification looked like it was a FB Chat, but who knows!

Will have 4G LTE

It state's that ITS AVAILABLE THIS AUGUST IN BLACK AND WHITE models

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the leaked roadmap from Verizon has it pegged for August 23rd. Likely not exclusive to any carrier in the U.S, since we've seen several variants. Rumors point to a release on all four major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile).

The thing that threw me off was the "available in black and white models." Isn't this thing supposed to come in a bunch of colors...? Maybe black and white front panels, but then customizable back plates?

maggard5

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing that threw me off was the "available in black and white models." Isn't this thing supposed to come in a bunch of colors...? Maybe black and white front panels, but then customizable back plates?

That may only be an option for US customers since they are assembled in Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the leaked roadmap from Verizon has it pegged for August 23rd. Likely not exclusive to any carrier in the U.S, since we've seen several variants. Rumors point to a release on all four major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile).

That may only be an option for US customers since they are assembled in Texas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Black and White are the standard colors. They may release a few other colors but you will have all color options avaible online from Motorola.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I still haven't seen anything to point to T-Mo other than people assume it'll be available on all major carriers. It's the only carrier it hasn't passed FCC for. If it doesn't come with T-Mo bands then I am probably going to ditch them for AT&T towers.

I hate waiting....this device looks great imo and I'm excited for it.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well hopefully the ATT variant works on tmobiles towers. Won't need to ditch a carrier

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited and curious for this phone.
Anyway, do you think it will be available worldwide? If yes, when?
I'm interested in your opinions, I know it's impossible to know.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited and curious for this phone.
Anyway, do you think it will be available worldwide? If yes, when?
I'm interested in your opinions, I know it's impossible to know.

Well if its available in North America for August. I'd say it'd slowly be available worldwide (Europe, then Asia?) in the same month, or even a month or two later.. Pending stock of the phone.
but that's my opinion.

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well if its available in North America for August. I'd say it'd slowly be available worldwide (Europe, then Asia?) in the same month, or even a month or two later.. Pending stock of the phone.
but that's my opinion.

I really hope it will come to Europe very soon (end of August - September?).
I'm only afraid because Motorola is non-existent outside US. Maybe Google's monstrous ad budget will help, who knows.

This will be, hopefully, my first Android phone anyway.

Last edited:

bquindawl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What's the opinion, yay or nay, on being able to purchase a Verizon model from Google Play?

I would say no, but I was just curious if anyone's opinion differed?

Posted via Android Central App

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What's the opinion, yay or nay, on being able to purchase a Verizon model from Google Play?

I would say no, but I was just curious if anyone's opinion differed?

Posted via Android Central App

I'm hoping so, and I think there's still a chance. Dennis Woodside had said the cooperation from all of the carriers has been amazing, so we'll have to see how far that cooperation has gone.

Verizon's all about automation so they can reduce costs, so if Motorola can pump out an inexpensive and attractive phone that customers can activate themselves and it doesn't cost them a subsidy, I think they'd be all over it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's all about automation so they can reduce costs, so if Motorola can pump out an inexpensive and attractive phone that customers can activate themselves and it doesn't cost them a subsidy, I think they'd be all over it.

Perhaps, but from the looks of the new Edge and Next plans coming from Verizon and AT&T, it still looks like they're planning on bleeding people dry when they come to them for service.

If I'm paying full retail for a phone and not entering a contract, I'd better be getting a break on the monthly service contract.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps, but from the looks of the new Edge and Next plans coming from Verizon and AT&T, it still looks like they're planning on bleeding people dry when they come to them for service.

If I'm paying full retail for a phone and not entering a contract, I'd better be getting a break on the monthly service contract.

The bleeding portion aside, the only real variable to this would be the cost of the device. If the X is priced like other high end phones at $599 unsubsidized, then it might not make sense for Google to sell it for Verizon customers directly, on or off contract. If it's between the $199-350 range that the rumors keep pointing to, then it's much more likely we'd see it available through the Play Store.

Verizon loses money when they sell iPhones at subsidized prices because they paid the same that you or I would if we bought them full price from Apple. That's why all of the carriers are making moves to shift that costs to the consumer instead. Because of this, there's less and less reasons why Verizon would be opposed to having Google sell devices for them without the overhead and the headache.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans