Backorder Thread (Nov 20th and onwards)

xcla1p

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not to get my hopes up or get excited, but my 11/13 order just updated on Google Play site to 12/15, and my Discover card has a new "processing" charge for the phone. I'm guessing they attempted to process today, well hopefully that's the case. Time to call Discover!

UPDATE: Called Google Play, the CSR (David) told me my 11/13 order passed through final authorization, so that this is good news and that the phone should ship out Monday or Tuesday. I'm skeptical, but honestly the best news I've heard from Google in a long time. Fingers crossed.

Hey I went to check too and it was updated to Dec 15. we shall see where it goes from here :D

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey I went to check too and it was updated to Dec 15. we shall see where it goes from here :D

Good. Glad to hear it's not just me. Maybe it's actually a sign things are finally moving forward on those 11/13 orders. I also followed up by email, responding to a thread I already had going about my phone status, and this is the response I got:

Thank you for your email.

I just checked the status of your order and I was able to verify that your order has been sent to our shipping carrier to be processed and sent out to you. We authorized your card today, and that's a good indication that it is in the process of being shipping.

Once the item ships out, you will receive an email from UPS with the tracking information. I thank you for your patience thus far.

I hope this helps answer your question. If you may have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this message. You may also call our 24/7 support center by dialing 855-836-3987.

Respectfully,

Harjot

jasaad

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
no updates for me and the authorization from 12/8 dropped off, so I expect to be back in the loop of unable to authorize $0.00 from Google...

well this is what i am talking about, they are confused, each week they re-authorize the card and then drop it. i dont think it is a sign, at least for me it is not.

LewisGodiff

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I gave up trying with google. Awful customer service, it's all just generic responses. Cancelled my Nexus 4 and went and bought a brand new Galaxy S3 :)

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have good luck getting ahold of them by email from 10-11pm est. They responded within minutes of me replying. They weren't much help though they said that the change to pre-order on the 6th was "probably an error" . Gee...you think? They said that they go by the time on the conformation email. Not the date in the play store. So actually getting ahold of a real person doesn't mean you'll actually get any answers.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My order has SHIPPED!!!! So the status update to 12/15 was in fact an indication of the order FINALLY being on the verge of shipping. Hopefully it'll get here before I head out of town on Wed ....

eharik

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My 13th order also finally shipped. I had the status update changed last week like most people on this thread and I awoke this morning to the shipping confirmation email. The tracking number isn't showing anything yet but I'm hoping to have it in the next couple of days.

Of course, by this point I already bought one off CraigsList for a $50 markup so now I'm hoping to sell the 13th unit for the same price.

FWIW, I've been totally satisfied with the phone thus far and am glad to have it. Google really, desperately, needs to iron out the problems they are having with selling actual hardware.

No44specialk

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just pray that once you actually do get the phone, that it is actually in 100% working order... I was part of the 11/13 debacle and after 2+ weeks of waiting, the phone they sent me has a distorted ear piece(can't use it for phone calls) and an extreme rattle by the camera. I initiated and RMA two days after I had the phone (12/3) and have yet to receive a replacement device. As usual no one can tell me anything or give me an idea of when I can expect to see the replacement... For those holding out hope about the status changes in Google Wallet, don't hold your breath unfortunately. Mine has changed a number of times with no result. I am on the verge of cancelling everything and returning the original device. I have lost ALL faith in google.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

My phone was delivered today. Just unboxed, got SIM card in it, etc. Sucker is fast. Phone is beautiful. I'm about to unlock it now. Anyhow, this entire process sucked big time. But just want to say thanks to everyone on here. If anything, it felt nice to be a part of a collective group of people who got screwed on delivery. Hopefully, everyone has or will soon receive their phones!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201