Question Banking App says my device is rooted

Treasure

Dec 1, 2023
Visit site
Not downloaded anything on my Huawei tablet for ages but now my banking app says I cannot use it as it has detected a jailbreak/rooted device. I know I haven't done anything, and I checked to make sure developer options were not on and I've restored all default settings too. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Huawei tablet, and which app store are you using to install from? Did you buy this tablet brand new, or was it used/refurbished?

I think Huawei devices are still affected by the US ban and the lack of Google Play Services, so I wonder if that might be part of the issue. Are you in the US, or elsewhere in the world?

Reactions: VidJunky

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Huawei tablet, and which app store are you using to install from? Did you buy this tablet brand new, or was it used/refurbished?

I think Huawei devices are still affected by the US ban and the lack of Google Play Services, so I wonder if that might be part of the issue. Are you in the US, or elsewhere in the world?
Location doesn't really matter, they are banned from using Google services full stop, and that is my guess as being the reason as well.

Although banking apps can just do this at times.

Reactions: VidJunky

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Location doesn't really matter, they are banned from using Google services full stop, and that is my guess as being the reason as well.

Although banking apps can just do this at times.
Aren't some older Huawei devices still able to use Google Play Services, or is it every single one regardless of when they were released?

Treasure

Dec 1, 2023
Visit site

It's a media pad M5. Had it new for about 5 years. Using Google playstore. In the UK

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's a media pad M5. Had it new for about 5 years. Using Google playstore. In the UK
It looks like there aren't any definitive answers regarding what will or will not work on those devices.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
To what @Bla1ze was saying I had 3 or 4 banking/credit card apps on my S21 when the story broke about the FPS unlocking for any finger with a screen protector installed. So yeah they fixed that and several months later most of my banking apps began allowing fingerprints again but I had one hold out. The one I used the most, of course, but they never allowed it again on that device. The day I got the new one it worked right out of the box, so yeah they do what they want. I understand, liability and all of that but...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail