Barclays App Requirements

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you mention that you're unfortunately confined to bed these days, I'm guessing you at least have a laptop? As joeldf previously mentioned, you can probably manage all of your banking using Barclays's website on your computer, rather than dealing with it on a phone.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Since you mention that you're unfortunately confined to bed these days, I'm guessing you at least have a laptop? As joeldf previously mentioned, you can probably manage all of your banking using Barclays's website on your computer, rather than dealing with it on a phone.
I was also thinking along these lines, or perhaps a tablet (even if used to meet budget) if you have access to private Wi-Fi. If this is primarily to pay bills, the only other option I could think of would be to stick with some of the traditional ways of paying by phone or mail. What you are asking for is convenience, and unfortunately convenience comes with added costs by default.

Though this also comes with some other complexities. Do you already have online accounts to make those bill payments if you had a device? If not, you'll have to set those up, which means keeping track of login information. That in itself can become daunting without a password manager. You'll also start to become at greater risk at things like identity theft and scammers. Maybe you have already thought about these things, but I don't know. What I do know is the scams are always being changed and improved on, making them harder to catch until it's too late. They also target the elderly when they can. This isn't meant to scare you, but just the reality of the situation that you need to know if you didn't already.

Rosie

Oct 4, 2023
Visit site
I was also thinking along these lines, or perhaps a tablet (even if used to meet budget) if you have access to private Wi-Fi. If this is primarily to pay bills, the only other option I could think of would be to stick with some of the traditional ways of paying by phone or mail. What you are asking for is convenience, and unfortunately convenience comes with added costs by default.

Though this also comes with some other complexities. Do you already have online accounts to make those bill payments if you had a device? If not, you'll have to set those up, which means keeping track of login information. That in itself can become daunting without a password manager. You'll also start to become at greater risk at things like identity theft and scammers. Maybe you have already thought about these things, but I don't know. What I do know is the scams are always being changed and improved on, making them harder to catch until it's too late. They also target the elderly when they can. This isn't meant to scare you, but just the reality of the situation that you need to know if you didn't already.
I do have a small laptop yes, but I can't sit up in bed - it's almost impossible to hold, let alone use! Have you ever tried to use devices while lying flat? I use a Kindle Fire. The ONLY tablet I ever want to use. Yes, I can use other forms of banking if I choose to but I wanted to use the lightest possible gadget ie a phone. Why? Read on...

There is warning I think everyone using technology should hear for their health's sake. Have you heard of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.? This is caused by keeping your elbow bent for long periods (my doctor tells me he now gets more and more, especially younger, people, coming to him in dire pain with it. Mainly because of technology over-use) The nerve in the inner elbow gets trapped, the little finger and the inside of the ring finger go numb and the hand/ arm suffer great pain. There is little treatment except splinting the arm straight most of the day and night and severely limiting use of a bent arm except for exercises. I ended up with this condition and it's no joke!

See https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/hospitals/a...rapy/hand-wrist-pain/cubital-tunnel-syndrome/

I also suffer double vision due to using screens while flat in bed for a full year. Do you wonder I was trying to use a quick and easy App from Barclays in order to use a light phone for my hands?

UKAndroid123

Nov 5, 2023
Visit site
On Amazon, I can see the Samsung Galaxy A14 4G 64GB, currently at £104.
Also, has anyone had any experience running the UK Barclays mobile banking app on an android tablet?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever tried to use devices while lying flat?

Yes I have, but one of my original points still remain.

"What you are asking for is convenience, and unfortunately convenience comes with added costs by default. "

There is no way around it, unless you want to start sacrificing features or durability (I.e. A used device that may already be on its way out).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos