Battery discarge quickly unplugged right after full charge.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I notice that when I do a full charge from a low battery once it hits 100% if I unplug the charger after i get 1% drain every 10 minutes in standby so I do a cache clean and reboot then it discharges normally after.

When I leave the phone plugged in lets say all night and it trickle charges for a few hours after being at 100% it will only discharge around 1% every hour on standby. Is there anything wrong?

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it's the re boot that fixes it, if I don't reboot every 3/4 days I get the same (on Nexus 4 and 5) both running 4.4.2.
I believe it's on the fix list in the elusive 4.4.3

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I really wish Google would stop pushing this horrible buggy 4.4.2 update and release 4.4.3 now. I am tired of having to reboot my phone every few days or even sometimes everyday after a charge.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I notice that when I do a full charge from a low battery once it hits 100% if I unplug the charger after i get 1% drain every 10 minutes in standby so I do a cache clean and reboot then it discharges normally after.

When I leave the phone plugged in lets say all night and it trickle charges for a few hours after being at 100% it will only discharge around 1% every hour on standby. Is there anything wrong?
I have also had this problem and i am also waiting for the 4.4.3 fix. I also my nexus 5 getting a little sluggish lately, hopefully 4.4.3 will make it snappier.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think it's the re boot that fixes it, if I don't reboot every 3/4 days I get the same (on Nexus 4 and 5) both running 4.4.2.

I agree it is probably the reboot. Same thing has happened to me a few times and a reboot fixes it. Have never had to clear the cache partition on the N5. But I also only need to reboot about once every 3 to 4 weeks.

When not having the problem, I will lose only about 2 or 3% battery in 9 hours of standby (also connected to WiFi). When having the problem, it will jump to about 20% of the battery under identical conditions. I did switch from Dalvick to ART a few months ago, which improved the idle drain (to what you see above) but it didn't solve the intermittent problem.

I believe it's on the fix list in the elusive 4.4.3

I hope so, since it is the only problem I actually encounter on the Nexus 5.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so I won't try to clear the cache partition the next time it does it I will just reboot as usual.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When you device charges from a low battery its doing a rapid charge to 80 or 90% capacity. Once it gets past that point it then does a slow charge.
Once it gets to 100% it no longer actually charges. Your phone shows its charging but its not. The phone is preventing the charger from working so it doesnt over charge the battery. After a while your device will consume enough power to tell the charger to kick in and allow more juice to flow into the battery. Its a cycle. If you happen to take it off prior to it kicking in you will see a quick drop initially of a couple percentage points. This is not your long term battery drainage, its just trying to accurately represent the amount of power you have.