Battery Drain Since T-Mobile Update

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone on T-Mobile experiencing a significant battery drain since the recent update? I received the update with the December security patch and I've experienced a significant battery drain since...

I've went from 92% -78% in about an hour. I've dropped 7% while the phone was idle and not in use for about 30 minutes...

It seems "Android System" is eating up my battery since the update.

Attachments

• 556.jpg
    556.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 131

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes Android system or Android OS get a rogue service that keeps the phone awake which is happening for you. A reboot usually stops that.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes Android system or Android OS get a rogue service that keeps the phone awake which is happening for you. A reboot usually stops that.

Yes, I rebooted twice and still seems like its the same. I'll try again soon...
Thanks

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I updated two days ago...
So it's definitely since then. I'm gonna shut the phone down completely for a few and see if that helps.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
ade0bfd8e209b3a2e25067152f241df4.jpg
mine seems to have a large "phone idle" battery usage. Most I've noticed previously was probably about 6%

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a V10 with a similar issue. Not as bad as some here but I went from unplugging the phone around midnight and seeing 100% to 99% in the morning to suddenly seeing it drop to around 90 to 95%. It always seems to be Android OS and Phone Idle on top of the list. For me it started a couple updates ago and I have done a couple full resets with no improvement.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Outside of performing a factory reset (Who knows if that will even work)
Is there a solution to this battery drain? Or are we at the mercy of T-Mobile and/or LG, in hopes of a quick fix through an incremental update...

If such an update will ever materialize.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Outside of performing a factory reset (Who knows if that will even work)
Is there a solution to this battery drain? Or are we at the mercy of T-Mobile and/or LG, in hopes of a quick fix through an incremental update...

If such an update will ever materialize.
Try clearing the cache partitions. I just did that earlier and my battery seems a lot better than even before.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing the cache partitions. I just did that earlier and my battery seems a lot better than even before.

Yes I've done so, thanks....
I'll try it again, I'll try going through the system apps one by one as well. Hopefully clearing individual cache and cache partition will help

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
How do you clear the cache partition on this phone lol? When i restart and hold the power and volume down it only gives me the option to do a factory reset.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How do you clear the cache partition on this phone lol? When i restart and hold the power and volume down it only gives me the option to do a factory reset.

What carrier because this works for me i assuming tmobile ... I am on sprint..Shut phone down then hold power button and volume down will boot into recovery mode scroll down with volume key until it reaches wipe cache partition select with power key then it will prompt are you sure select yes. Then reboot system

Last edited:

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
What carrier because this works for me i assuming tmobile ... I am on sprint..Shut phone down then hold power button and volume down will boot into recovery mode scroll down with volume key until it reaches wipe cache partition select with power key then it will prompt are you sure select yes. Then reboot system

Yea that's how I've done it on any other phone but it won't work on this one (T-Mobile.)

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm really hoping there will be an incremental update soon to address this battery drain... It's getting bad. I've done everything but a full factory reset. Since it's due to the recent update, I don't think a full reset would do any good.

I can only hope that both T-Mobile and LG are aware of this and they are working on it.