Battery drain when away from phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Galaxy watch4 44mm. Battery experiences rapid drain at work while my phone is left in my locker. I work in a low reception area. My watch is always up to date, and I turn off everything. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, cellular service, health trackers, dim the brightness.... Turn on power saving mode....yet still my watch lasts less 8 hours from a 100% charge. However, if my phone is connected to my watch, the watch battery lasts the way it should.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried just putting in airplane mode when you know you are away from your phone and in a low coverage area? It sounds like something isn't getting turned off and it's still searching for a signal causing the battery drain. Additionally, airplane mode is easier to reverse than trying to individually cut everything off.

bobnpaty

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got the new Galaxy Watch 5, coming from Amazfit BIP. I looked at what was draining my battery and saw Google Assistant at the top of the list. Delving into the Settings (on the watch; not thru the Galaxy Wearable app on my phone) I found a setting that allowed Assistant to use Hey Google. That means it is always listening for the wake word. I have it set up to load Google Assistant with a long press on the Home key, so the wake word is duplicative. Uncheck Hay Google under the Google section (again, only available thru Settings in the watch).