Galaxy Wearable App - Frequent Disconnects

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Since the latest update to the app (11/29/21), I have noticed frequent disconnects from the Galaxy Wearable app. This appears to happen randomly and even when I am only feet away from my phone.

I also noticed that even when connected, it takes a really long time for many of the settings pages to reflect current conditions on my watch. In particular, there are times when I go into the app to see the battery stats, and it takes up to a minute to load. Sometimes, it will not load at all unless I turn the watch on then back off.

I noticed that my battery life has taken a slight hit, with WiFi being the largest drain (Presumably from the frequent bluetooth disconnects).

Checking on the reviews on the play store, there are a lot of others experiencing the same since the latest update. (At least I am not alone).

Has anyone else on here noticed the same? If so, has anyone found a solution that does not involve a factory reset. Unlike the Tizen watches, the backup/restore function is pretty dismal on the watch 4. I assume it is because they are using google backup which does not work even half as well as the Samsung Cloud backups. You still have to reinstall all the apps that were not preloaded and find a way to restore data for anything that was not a text or call record.

I absolutely love the function of the watch itself and do not really have complaints about the battery. It is on par with the performance I was getting on the watch 3. The wearable app however is causing issues (and not just for the Watch 4 from what I read on the reviews on the play store)

Screenshot_20211207-105821_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin.jpg

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I actually ran into an even worse version of this. Yesterday my watch randomly disconnected, and when I opened the Wearable app my watch wasn't even listed as one of the available devices! I had to factory reset my watch and re-pair it from scratch. Then, during the setup process, it disconnected and was removed from the app yet again.

Fortunately it did not happen a third time, and as of this morning my watch is still connected (remote connection works too). But I did some Googling and it looks like a few others are having this issue. One person on Reddit reported that it stopped when he updated the firmware, however the firmware on my 46mm Classic is fully up to date, as is the Wearable app. Is anyone else experiencing this?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago. Watch was removed from connection and the only way to fix was a reset and re-pair and then it disconnected itself a few minutes later. It took three or four times before it reconnected and stayed connected. Had to setup SPay two or three times also. It's been at least two weeks since then and all has been fine since then.

I thought itight have been related to a watch face issue but I really have no idea.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago. Watch was removed from connection and the only way to fix was a reset and re-pair and then it disconnected itself a few minutes later. It took three or four times before it reconnected and stayed connected. Had to setup SPay two or three times also. It's been at least two weeks since then and all has been fine since then.

I thought itight have been related to a watch face issue but I really have no idea.

It's been 12 days since my post on the topic, and I too haven't had any further issues. Which is good, but I'd still like to know what the heck happened and how I can prevent it from happening again.