Battery draining quickly on my Note 9 after upgrading to Android 10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After I updated my Note 9 to Android 10 my battery drain quickly. I charged it to 100% before going to bed, I ran device care then out the office down and went to bed. When I got up 7.5 hours later, the battery had drained 25% and the phone feels warm.
I've tried updating all my apps and clearing the cache but nothing seems to fix the problem. It wasn't like this before updating.

fleshtwister

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Last night I charged the phone to 100% and turned the wifi off. When I will up it only was down 4%. Why would wifi cause my battery to drain so much? I've stopped using WiFi and my battery lasts do much longer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How's your wi-fi signal? If it's weak, then just like with a weak cell signal, I think it can lead to increased power drain as the radio tries to boost the signal

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After a andriod update usually clearing cache is all that's needed but in your case should do factory reset as some things from previous versions might of been left back

Syndirail

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey there!

Where you able to identify/fix the issue?

I am facing the exact same problem, did a Factory reset even, but if either Wifi or LTE is enabled, my Note suddenly drains 15-20% overnight.
Battery manager does not show any app with usage that high. So it has to be some background activity while connected to the internet.

Anyone got any advise?

Edit: This also impacts my SOT, getting around 3h less with Wifi or LTE enabled which sometimes causes me to not even make it through a whole 24h on one charge with moderate use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174