Battery Issues Following 4.3 Update

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Since updating my stock unlocked international HTC One a couple of weeks ago I've had serious battery issues. First it was the "Android System" with the NLPcollectorwakelock issue that has been posted about ad naseum in a variety of forums and today it was Dialer using 57% of my battery (Currently the battery is at 53%). As you can see in the picture those two processes have accounted for 90% of battery use with no other programs being used at all. I've already done one factory reset. Is anyone else experiencing similar battery drainage issues following that update? Anyone have any ideas how to combat the Android System problem? I currently have all location reporting and history toggled off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-08-12-44-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-08-12-44-20.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 45

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
this doesn't show the amount of battery each of these processes is using.

this just tells you how you use your phone - in this case, you spend a lot of time using the dialer and as a result it consumes a bigger portion of your overall battery.

tip 1: if you want to reduce those figures play a game such as asphalt 8 for a few hours.

tip 2: stop looking at figures and charts you don't quite understand and instead tell us how long your battery lasts and how you use your phone.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
1) Thanks for your wonderful suggestions.

2) Why not just say you need more information to make an informed analysis. I thought I was providing enough information to do so. The battery percent was listed in the text.

At that point in the day I had made four phone calls with a total talk time of less than 12 minutes. Other than that the phone sat unused in my car. Those four calls in no way should eat up 47% of my battery.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
1) Thanks for your wonderful suggestions.

2) Why not just say you need more information to make an informed analysis. I thought I was providing enough information to do so. The battery percent was listed in the text.

At that point in the day I had made four phone calls with a total talk time of less than 12 minutes. Other than that the phone sat unused in my car. Those four calls in no way should eat up 47% of my battery.

under your power settings, you can find the history tab.

post that graph please (landscape mode if possible).

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I would but unfortunately I've since charged my phone and it is only displaying the usage and history since I unplugged. I'll let it run a few hours and post an update then.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myicc