battery issues

heavydrop

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
After the update my extended battery is draining horribly. I have no apps for root, battery manager, or app manager. what can cause this?

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Some users are reporting worse battery life after updating to 2.2.1, try letting the battery drain completely, let it recharge completely without interruption, and see what happens. If worse comes to worse, back up everything on your phone and do a factory reset. I would also test your standard battery as well to see if you're having the same problem.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check your downloaded apps - one of them may be malfunctioning due to an incompatibility with the update. Best to uninstall them one at a time, most recent first, and see if there are is any improvement.

Widgets also can cause rapid battery drain especially those with RSS feeds or have frequent updates. Your screen backlight should be kept at a very low setting or on automatic. Believe it or not, having a black background (or dark) on your wallpaper will also conserve battery. The screen is a major energy consumer.

BTW, I have improved battery life since the upgrade - stunningly good, as a matter of fact! With more than 60 dl apps (not all running at the same time) and normal use, I'm still at 60-70 percent by day's end, having put a full charge in overnight. Battery life was miserable under 2.1 (30 percent after 2 hours), and better with Froyo (40 percent by day's end) but 340 has improved that even more.

buckfan4ever

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the last post. My battery life has increased significantly! I just went 38 hours before I fell to 30% and recharged. That is with normal usage of texting, email and browsing. Now, if I were to play Angry Birds....that's another story! ZAP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz