Battery Life Quite Poor and Inconsistent

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a couple of watch faces and no apps at all. It was the first day with the 3g model.

I assume that,with auto switch on, 3g will be off when BT is connected.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the AT&T variant of the Gear S2 3G Sport . My settings are: NumberSync on, screen brightness at 5, bluetooth on and within range of my Note 5, WiFi off, wake up gesture off, auto heart rate is frequent, exercise alerts are off, GPS is on, and weather updates every hour. With this setup my watch drains 2 percent an hour. If the watch is out of bluetooth range and stand alone mode is in use, the battery drain is around 6 to 7 percent an hour. And as for wake up gestures being off, I don't need the watch face to light up every time I lift my arm. I don't mind hitting a button or quick swipe of the bezel. Notifications are email, Slick deals, text and phone call notifications, Google Now cards for traffic alerts, and 1 Weather alerts. I also use the watch calendar, alarm clock, flash light, and wearable widgets. All in all I am pretty satisfied with the watch.

Last edited:

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Update. With wake up off and autoswitch on, I was at 81% after about 7 hours. I did not play with it that much but got texts and emails. Not sure why the battery suffered the first day, but I had all the factory settings on, and the watch was home while I was out with my phone. I do not have the forwarding on and GPS is off, but this is more like what I was hoping for.:)