battery life

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't get a full day of use on my S22U. I assume its b/c I have the protect battery feature enabled where my charging stops at 85%. I start my day at 5 am and by 4 pm its definitely at 20%. I don't want it to get lower in fear of "damaging the battery" (don't know if those claims from older devices are still valid). I listed to audiobooks almost all day work. Mild texting, maybe 1 hour total of browsing sites and 30 mins of youtube vids. Signal is atrocious in my work office so I use wifi calling and disable 5g and use 4g/LTE. Also I turn location services off.

Does this sound unusual or within the realms of ok? Do others charge to 100% and let their device get as low as possible? I'd like to keep this device at least a year if not longer.

Thanks everyone!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I only get 8 hours without any battery saving settings. I just have chargers everywhere and a portable one when I am out and about.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I charge when it gets around 5 to 7% and charge up to 95 or once it reaches 100 and get over a day battery,, if your not making it between 20 to 85 in a day you charging more often and that can't be good either the more you charging because it's not lasting.
If you want keep it between 20 to 85 use battery saver all the time u get notifications delay but there are compromises when looking for battery life in range you want it to last .

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
this phone has the worst battery life of any Galaxy I've had. none of the tweaks in this forum have made any difference. I get battery anxiety by late afternoon. I'm on WiFi most of the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this phone has the worst battery life of any Galaxy I've had. none of the tweaks in this forum have made any difference. I get battery anxiety by late afternoon. I'm on WiFi most of the time.
If you tried the tweaks then I suspect your WiFi or a app gone rouge can try in safe mode for awhile see if that's the case

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What is your signal strength in dBm in the place you're in during most of the day?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't want it to get lower in fear of "damaging the battery" (don't know if those claims from older devices are still valid).

Just curious if your phone was pre-order/launch model. On your serial number can you tell me the 4th and 5th character?

4th character should be a T = 2022
5th character is the month is was made.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Next to my LG V60 this is the best battery I've ever had on a phone. All the tweaks people have posted here help. Granted you have to sacrifice pick and choose what you're willing to go without to get better battery life.

If you're not experiencing such luck it's more likely your specific phone.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Update - I changed the ram plus settings as somebody mentioned in the thread above, and there's a noticeable difference in my battery life throughout the day. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Update - I changed the ram plus settings as somebody mentioned in the thread above, and there's a noticeable difference in my battery life throughout the day. Thanks for all the recommendations.

What ram are you using? Mine is set to 4gb from the factory. I too am not getting good battery usage.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It could be worse. I once spent all night reinstalling Windows Vista when I got black screen error.

Now that is a nightmare, been there :eek: I keep my phones pretty lean, so in some ways I actually enjoy a factory reset, because it's not too time consuming, and I know I'll be fixing the problem at hand, and usually a few others I didn't even notice.

Plus I like that new phone software feel ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe