Battery lost capacity after 1.5 years

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Got my S8+ during the Black Friday sale 1.5 years ago..

Nice phone but the battery is positively inadequate and after using it daily all that time it's not holding full charge. I installed a battery meter app that displays the voltage. Forget percentage,
The battery is full at 4.3V and empty at 3.5V more or less. That's the voltage range when you will begin getting notifications "Your phone has less than 15% left, plug it in.

I made sure this morning the device was at 4.3V (actually it's not charging to 4.3V anymore, more like 4.20V) at 8AM, made 2 phone calls, one 10 mins and other about 25 minutes and used a maps app for 20 minutes. Now at 10AM the battery is at 3.7V which is completely unacceptable. 3.7V means mostly discharged.

The 3500mAh battery is a cheap unit that does not last very long and the sealed aspect is doubly maddening. I am not going to upgrade the phone to another expensive device like S9 or S10 which is basically the same thing - and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't anyway. I will likely buy a new 3500 mAh cell and have it installed.

will probably get that new Energizer with 18K mAh battery or maybe go back to LG V20 with swappable 10,000 mAh ZeroLemon.