Battery Question

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
With 27 pages in the HTC ONE X forum, I am sure there have been a lot of battery questions, but I couldn't find one that addressed my particular concern. So Moderators if there has been a thread already started I apologize in advance, and please move this to the appropriate thread.

At any rate, I am in a predicament.

I love this phone. Love the hardware (Especially the Screen), love the signal this phone pulls in and coming from Verizon two weeks ago, trust me I know what I am saying when this phone pulls in a signal. Verizon's 4G was 0G for me for two whole months and they couldn't figure the issue out. They said their network was FINE, so after 4 trouble tickets and four phones, I walked from Verizon after 12 years.

I am in law enforcement and I use this phone at work non-stop. I use it to text to other officers, on calls, gathering info from other officers to keep the population from listening to radio chatter over the air.

I also use the phone to take paper calls from victims. So the battery is a concern for me.

Do you think the Samsung Galaxy SIII might be a better option for me? Anybody seen it or used it, or can they tell me through the grapevine about battery life? And the signal, how is the signal in that phone? I had the Galaxy Nexus and man the radios and antenna's in that thing were in the wrong place....Even voice calls I constantly dropped calls with the old Galaxy Nexus I had.

I have to keep a car charger handy non-stop on my 12 hour shifts to keep my HTC ONE X charged.

I hate to think I might have to switch phones just merely for a battery....Especially since I got my ONE X all hopped up and tricked out just the way I like it. (Non-Rooted).

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Input?

Thanks in advance....

Have a great one....I am out...!

Gehrbox

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I've also got the htc one x and love it. Battery life is roughly the same as it was with my iphone4.

I also considered the gs3, mostly due to the additional memory option. From what I have read in comparing the two, the battery life is similar between the two phones. My decision to choose the HOX was because I prefer the Sense skin and more solid one piece design of the HOX.

If battery life is indeed nearly the same and you don't need the additional memory then the real choice for you is do you want to charge the HOX or carry around a spare battery or two for the GS3? Of course, you also have the ability to just charge the gs3, so it does give you a choice.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The big difference is that you can just swap in a fresh battery with the GSIII.

From what I've read and heard the battery life is about the same give or take, so it's either charge the One X or swap batteries in the SGSIII.

Do you use the phone outside a lot? If so make sure you try the SGSIII before you buy it, outdoor visibility isn't anywhere near what it is with the One X. You can make the battery situation work, but if the screen can't be seen you can't fix that.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
See, you have answered your own question in a way.

You have talked about the battery life but then stated that you are gonna have a charger in your car so its going to come down to your personal taste. As along as u are gonna have it charging then you are good

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I suppose in a round about way I did answer my question. I do carry my phone on my duty belt and frequently use it to call dispatch and so forth to run wants and warrants off of the air.

I suppose I was more interested in any feedback people have had with the battery life and if there was an EXTENDED battery option with the SIII.

Thanks a million everybody...

Have a great one...I am out...!

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
There are also battery banks that you can buy when you aren't near your car charger.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After I ran the 1.85 RUU, my battery life improved drastically. From 10 hours with light use to 24+ hours.
I'd suggest trying that before returning it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
After I ran the 1.85 RUU, my battery life improved drastically. From 10 hours with light use to 24+ hours.
I'd suggest trying that before returning it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Is this an official update for the AT&T version? I just bought mine and it already has 1.85 installed but I'm only getting between 11-13 hours with light/moderate use and being on WiFi 90% of the time. I'm also running Apex Launcher with only two widgets active and FB/Twitter set to update every hour.

* I also live in a terrible reception area and a Microcell is on it's way so maybe having a constant low signal is part of my problem?

2012-07-02_20-54-03.png

brekfest

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Is this an official update for the AT&T version? I just bought mine and it already has 1.85 installed but I'm only getting between 11-13 hours with light/moderate use and being on WiFi 90% of the time.

Consider yourself lucky...

My screen was never even on for that first one.

10-8-enroute

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What case/carrier do you use for the One X that will fit on a duty belt??

I use the Otterbox Commuter case that is placed inside a Safariland Basketweave styled holster that was originally for a tape recorder. It fits nice and snug, as the Safariland holster has a flap over the top that snaps to the front....Keeps the phone very secure and with the Otterbox Commuter case, the phone is still very easy to use without the added bulk of the Otterbox Defender case, which I did try and didn't like it at all.

Take it easy and have a great one.

I am out...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymousaga