Best Buy Finally Called and Asked Me To Return The GN

ryanlc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will call him first. That is when they will threaten to disable the device. If he complies, there is no problem. If he does not, then they will disable it.

Is it me, or did BWORLEY50 just make this thread all about him and his nonsensical spewing of nonsense? Find another soap box Worley!!! You have worn out your welcome, in this thread.

Keep the phone OP!!

Last edited:

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly this people who think they will go after the op or deactivate his account or whatever. Do you ever think vzw as money hungry as they are would chase a small cheese when they could chase the bigger cheese with money that could be paid upfront easily them the op? Honestly?
I'm sure vzw knows that they cant do anything or much on the op as he did nothing wrong. Vzw chasing the op would probably cause them more money and loose on the court side when they could just reach in bb pockets alot easier.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
They asked you to take it back. Now you have an obligation to do so. I would do it. There is NO downside to returning it, but for the loss of use of it for a few days.

He is under no obligation. But I do agree it would be the prudent thing to do. It will be out in a few more days, and you can make a nervous employee very happy by doing this, and they will likely reward you for it at the very least with a rental phone, and possibly a gift card.

You realize they can't make you return the phone. Money has already traded hands so in every interpretation of the law, the device is legally your possession. They cannot legally force you to return the phone.

Unless the item is stolen, which in this case it isn't. They are simply contractually obligated to not sell it (yet), but that agreement has no bearing on a third party.

My opinion is, do a system dump now before they release any update/patches. Take the phone back and ask for a replacement phone with 4G and not no damn Thunderbolt, and a gift card for your troubles. Don't ask for $300, $50 should do it.

Brandon

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a call from the best buy that sold me my Galaxy Nexus asking me to take it back since they weren't supposed to sell it due to a "Software problem".

Needless to say I'm torn on what to do.

On occasion that BB screws up, you take advantage of it. Tell them streight out that YOU bought the phone

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP made this thread to stir the pot and waste time until the nexus launches. I mean he hasn't been on in hours and it just seems he made this up to create a huge thread.

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
If they were going to fire someone over this, it's probably already done. They may tell you that someone's job is on the line, if it will get you to return the phone.

That maybe true, but it won't be about your returning the phone or not. They will either fire that person or take some kind of punitive to set an example. Your returning the phone isn't going to change that.

Morality?? Really??

At this point, it's about business. It's business for Verizon, business for Best Buy, and it should be business for you. Negotiate the best deal for yourself, because that is what those companies are doing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: crzycrkr

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Is it me, or did BWORLEY50 just make this thread all about him and his nonsensical spewing of nonsense? Find another soap box Worley!!! You have worn out your welcome!

Keep the phone OP!!

Bworley is a good guy who has gotten more than 1 phone before it's actual release date in the past and has posted valuable information on it. I don't necessarily agree with him completely on this case, but he does have some valuable insight on some of this stuff.

Brandon

Xak

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
OMG this has got to be the best (if not nearly longest) thread out there! This is friggin' hilarious! And, holy crap - the moderator had to delete posts about religious stuff??? Thank....well, you know what i mean...O:) BWUAHAHAHA!!! This is the best.

One of my favorite replies was the one about: tell them you'll release it to them by the end of the year...or something like that :p Priceless!

I'd like something cleared up. Is this guy known as "OP" or "The OP?" This is important cause i want to get it right on my thank you card to him :D

I hope this thread NEVAR ENDZ!

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the OP made this thread to stir the pot and waste time until the nexus launches. I mean he hasn't been on in hours and it just seems he made this up to create a huge thread.

Seeing as the OP hasn't replied in hours of him getting off work I'm gonna call bull and that Best Buy never called him in the first place

Man, the launch of this phone is causing people to really lose it. You guys sound like some paranoid conspiracy theorists or cynics.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG this has got to be the best (if not nearly longest) thread out there! This is friggin' hilarious! And, holy crap - the moderator had to delete posts about religious stuff??? Thank....well, you know what i mean...O:) BWUAHAHAHA!!! This is the best.

One of my favorite replies was the one about: tell them you'll release it to them by the end of the year...or something like that :p Priceless!

I'd like something cleared up. Is this guy known as "OP" or "The OP?" This is important cause i want to get it right on my thank you card to him :D

I hope this thread NEVAR ENDZ!

This thread is nothing compared to the one on phandroid.***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release thread***(LEAK:THURSDAY'S THE DAY, BABY! w00t!!) - Android Forums

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Bworley is a good guy who has gotten more than 1 phone before it's actual release date in the past and has posted valuable information on it. I don't necessarily agree with him completely on this case, but he does have some valuable insight on some of this stuff.

Brandon

This

Xak

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
lmao - duh, my bad dude!:confused: I didn't fee like going ALLLLLLLLLLL the way back to the initial post to figure out the dude's name :) But thanks for setting me straight. BTW, if you click refresh, it seems that someone is posting on this thread about every 10-20 seconds - friggin' awesome! I think someone said it earlier: "Epic."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753