Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
They did the same thing to me. I pro-ordered two replacement phones. I received an email on the weekend about one of them being in at the store but nothing on the other one. I called BB Mobile on Monday and they talked to the store. Apparently the store saw two identical orders and decided one was a duplicate so they put that one on hold. The BB Mobile rep worked with the store to get a second one ordered and had another phone in for me yesterday. It took about an hour to get the swap made because they were very busy and trying to help multiple people at the same time.
I'm glad you got yours swapped! I'm still waiting to hear about mine.

I think part of my frustration is that I even asked at the time we preordered if we should change the name on the second one so that it didn't look like a duplicate order. They said, 'no, it will be fine.' :( Clearly, not.

Once my replacement does come in, it should hopefully be fairly easy since I bought it outright.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All those ppl that preordered are freaking lucky!! None of my Worst Buy would let me preorder a replacement!! Has anyone walked in without a preorder and gotten a Verizon Note7??

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
All those ppl that preordered are freaking lucky!! None of my Worst Buy would let me preorder a replacement!! Has anyone walked in without a preorder and gotten a Verizon Note7??

I went in the 1st thing in the morning. Best Buy opens at 9.
It just so happened the supervisor over the phone department was working that morning.
I cried to her about wanting to swap my phone.
She said She could put me on a preorder list and email me when it came in.
I just about said No. I will go find one.
but put my name on the list that morning.
By 4 that afternoon I got a email stating my phone was in.
I said great. Give me a little over ahour and I will be there.

Glad I didn't play hard as*
Cause I was upset on waiting.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged last night @ Best Buy but, was not given any $25 Gift card from Samsung. I thought it was to be a Verizon GC but, I received nothing. Did those of you who did the exchange get this $25 compensation?
Maybe it depends on which carrier you have?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged last night @ Best Buy but, was not given any $25 Gift card from Samsung. I thought it was to be a Verizon GC but, I received nothing. Did those of you who did the exchange get this $25 compensation?

I got nothing.
I was glad to get a new phone.
Did not want to give them any hassle.
They didn't have many phones.
I did however ask her for the adapters. She said get them.
I had already taken the stylus out.
She was asking for it.
I said its not in the phone.

I'm just happy to not have to wait for the phone any longer myself.
I would of given her 25.00 just to get the phone.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Bummer. Fingers crossed you get it soon. The wait list seems as the best choice then :/. If you have verizon the Verizon stores do have them and for general public also.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Not Verizon but I walked in a store in MA and got AT&T note 7 swapped for new note 7. My pre-order was in NH and still no word on it.

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I got my Verizon coral blue replaced last night. Although the process was kinda weird. Since i had buy the phone outright without a payment plan the CSR pretty much did a return and rebuy on the new phone from a gift card. He basically returned the purchase price onto a gift card then "rebought" the new phone and used the gift card to pay for it. Also he refused completely to help me do a smart switch transfer from my old N7 to the new one since he said they were instructed not to even touch the old phones. Luckily i had all my data already backed up on samsung cloud so i did the restore myself when i got home.

To confirm you do get to keep every single accessory in your old box including the old s pen if you want it. The rep literally took it all out and said they didn't want any accessories besides the old phone itself with the box.

Overall a pretty smooth exchange process abet the transferring and setting up the phone myself thing.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just received my email stating my Verizon Cobalt Blue Note 7 is ready for pick-up. I'm using the Castleton, IN store.

Hopefully the Avon or Lafayette Road store has mine when I leave work today. If not I will literally hop on the moto and ride to everyone in Indianapolis and surrounding cities (Carmel, Greenwood, etc.) lol until i find one.

Purple Spy

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Process was pretty painless for me. Pre ordered and received my note on launch day. After the recall, went to the store on sep 5th (buffalo ny galleria mall best buy). They told me there was no official list just sign up to be notified online. Went back yesterday, sep 20th, with just my phone after work to see if they were giving out the replacements yet. Received the new phone no hastle, didnt take but 15 minutes for the swap.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Grrrrrrrrrrr no Verizon Note 7 at 2 Worst Buy Stores!!!!

I still do not get the "Worst" part. Exact opposite in every BB store I have been to. About eight or nine. My two local BBs had all carrier versions except Tmo (they do not carry Tmo).

None the less, 100% respect the frustration!

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone get a silver AT&T replacement yet?

My wife and I preordered replacements at the same time and she got her black one on Monday, but they still got nothing for silver.

StLucia

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Got our 2 AT&T replacements at BB on Monday. SoCal. 2 coral blue phones, 2 hours to complete transaction and Smart Switch. Kept all the accessories, just brought in the old boxes.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

I am on VZW with 2 Notes and got two $32 bill credits during the exchange process. There were no notes put in the system as to what the credits were for so I don't know if they were the credits Samsung talked about or not but VZW had no better explanation on what they were for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120