Best Buy Order Status

fatboypup

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if I can go into Best Buy again, complain about not having my phone despite the pre-order, and tell them to just give me the plastic version? Hell, I intended to switch out the back later on in a few months for either brown or red anyway, and at least this way I'd have my damn phone. Anyone know?

I went into a store on friday and bought the leather backed one being my pre order didnt come then i went and canceled the pre order

Posted via the Android Central App

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I went into a store on friday and bought the leather backed one being my pre order didnt come then i went and canceled the pre order

That's crazy, haha. You pre-ordered the leather, it didn't come in, canceled the pre-order, then went into the store and got the leather phone?

Well, I'm finally home with my metallic grey G4 now. Sorry for the long wait; an old friend called and asked about dinner, so I joined. The metallic grey is nice (although fairly slippery). Still working on getting used to the changes (I come from many years of Nexus devices, and just let go of the Nexus 5 for this).

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy, haha. You pre-ordered the leather, it didn't come in, canceled the pre-order, then went into the store and got the leather phone?

Well, I'm finally home with my metallic grey G4 now. Sorry for the long wait; an old friend called and asked about dinner, so I joined. The metallic grey is nice (although fairly slippery). Still working on getting used to the changes (I come from many years of Nexus devices, and just let go of the Nexus 5 for this).

Be sure to let us know what you think after some time with your G4 😀

fatboypup

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site

Actually went and bought the phone in store then canceled the pre order to play it safe

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
got the email that the ATT leather G4 was "delayed". So I went to the BB Saturday morning and got the gray plastic back. The more I thought about it, the more I knew I would put the phone in a case. The guy applied the $100 BB gift card to toward the purchase and the case, so I didn't owe anything at checkout and still had $3 on the gift card. Also, BB was advertising a free LG tablet with the purchase of a phone. The guy did the checkout and asked where I saw that the tablet was free. I showed him the cards on the display and when he pulled the complete card out of the display it showed it expired 5/30. He called a manager and honored the deal even though it was expired because they left the signs out. Despite not getting the leather, I am very happy with Best Buy on honoring the deal.

bmceachen

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I gave up this weekend... I couldn't wait for Best Buy to get their act together so I grabbed a black leather version at the AT&T store (upgraded from HTC One M8 using AT&T Next plan). They were offering an LG tablet for $0.99 for people who bought an LG G4... It made losing the $woo BB gift card sting less.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to receive the email letting me know about the delay. Luckily I have a G3 so although I don't want to wait for my leather back AT&T model it's not too painful. The big question for me is, whose fault is it? Most people in here direct their disappointment to BB, and rightfully so considering their track record, but could this be LG's fault for not providing enough stock? Do the AT&T stores have plenty of black leather back G4's?

Last edited:

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to receive the email letting me know about the delay. Luckily I have a G3 so although I don't want to wait for my leather back AT&T model it's no too painful. The big question for me is, whose fault is it? Most people in here direct their disappointment to BB, and rightfully so considering their track record, but could this be LG's fault for not providing enough stock? Do the AT&T store have plenty of black leather back G4's?

No....haven't heard of one yet. Anyone get black leather att at bb?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
My local bb doesn't have any att g4s. Not plastic, not leather, nothing. I've tried two stores. Not good.

jeffisbiking

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Reporting back after issues over the weekend.

On Friday, BB didn't have my preorder ready (ATT Black Leather), they had 2 left to sell by early evening (so I didn't feel like trekking out that far to try to get one of those). Tried to probe about my order and they basically had no idea when they'd get my particular order in. When I went to cancel the order on Saturday, I asked about it, and they said they got none of the black leather for ATT, which seems to echo what a lot of other folks encountered.

Ended up going to ATT store Friday and was in and out with no issues within 30 minutes.

It has basically guaranteed I'm going to avoid BB for future things because it just felt like a mess of a time. I don't even care that I missed out on the gift card, I was willing to give that up to just be done with it and have my new G4 on Friday.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Exact same sentiments here. I just wanted to have the damn phone like everybody else did at that point; I paid for it, it was released, give me my product damn't.

The only reason I stuck with Best Buy was because I was using gift cards to fund the purchase in the first place. I didn't have an AT&T gift card, lol. Otherwise I would've done the exact same as you. Instead, I found a single Best Buy in my area with a single metallic grey in stock, and swooped it up.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My best friend is a manager of one of the local AT&T stores. He just called me and said he got a black leather G4 in and asked if I wanted it or not. He's holding it for me until I tell him for sure one way or the other but since I have the G3 I can wait. The only thing is if I have to wait 30 days for the phone I will be pissed.