Best Launcher after trying many. (for g6)

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
By using the notification bar. Sometimes it's inconvenient reaching up there but it gets better after time. The screen off option just turns off the screen and then it takes the power button to wake it back up. Kinda annoying.

There also was an app called Screen Off & Lock that, on my previous phones, I had tied to the double-tap gesture in Nova. It worked great...until I got the G6. I think some of the permissions it requires mess up the fingerprint sensor unlock, so I had to uninstall it.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
By using the notification bar. Sometimes it's inconvenient reaching up there but it gets better after time. The screen off option just turns off the screen and then it takes the power button to wake it back up. Kinda annoying.

That's not true at all. I can tap any where on my screen to shut it off. You have to give Nova security clearance then in Nova settings turn knock on under gestures/double tap

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
That's not true at all. I can tap any where on my screen to shut it off. You have to give Nova security clearance then in Nova settings turn knock on under gestures/double tap
Not sure how you got yours to act the same as the way LG skin does it. Mine just turns the screen off but doesn't lock it until after 10 or so seconds.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
These are the options you are given when you set up the double-tap gesture with screen lock in Nova. It seems like you'd want the 'Timeout' option:

Screenshot_2017-05-10-09-56-22.jpg

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't happy with the icon scaling in LG launcher. I just installed Google Now and pretty happy with it especially coming from using it on a Nexus. I used to like Action Launcher 2, now there is version 3 which has more current Pixel features so I may try it.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't happy with the icon scaling in LG launcher. I just installed Google Now and pretty happy with it especially coming from using it on a Nexus. I used to like Action Launcher 2, now there is version 3 which has more current Pixel features so I may try it.

I'm using Action now... Love it

njstone9

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
What does the premium version have that makes it worth buying?

I've been using the free nova launcher for years.

Just curious!

anon(9726742)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Launcher++ is the greatest launcher out there. I try them all. Used it for a long time on my V20.
Lightning Launcher is also a great launcher. You guys must try them.