Best Launcher?

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Wondering what the best launcher is and why? I am using the stock launcher and would like to really start customizing, figured the first thing to do is the launcher.
Ads for GO launcher are everywhere.
I know ADW, Nova, and Apex have a great following as well.

In your opinion, which is the best?
What sets it apart?

Thanks,
Dan

Should I have posted this in the Root, Rom topic? sorry if it's wrong.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No you posted in the right forum. Launchers dont require root. I dont personally use them but I hear good things on here all the time.

Sent via Tapatalk

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am 100% Nova here, I love the options and have just gotten used to the UI. So many transitions and options, I paid for it and never looked back.

Stay clear of GO in my opinion, it takes over your device and wants to install all of the GO crap as well. I want something clean that I don't have to put up with ads.... If you load it, you will see what I mean.

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I can second nova. Its really nice. If you are looking for something unique you can try sf launcher. Its still in alpha right now but its really cool looking. Its base off of google now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I can second nova. Its really nice. If you are looking for something unique you can try sf launcher. Its still in alpha right now but its really cool looking. Its base off of google now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I definitely recommend sf launcher I have been using it for the past week and no problems even though it's alpha. It's just a clean look. I am posting a picture of my set up. It's not very customizable though. So if that's what your looking for it might not work for you. However it does give your phone a different feel when using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359275397437.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359275397437.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 188

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Reminds me of my Iphone.
I definitely recommend sf launcher I have been using it for the past week and no problems even though it's alpha. It's just a clean look. I am posting a picture of my set up. It's not very customizable though. So if that's what your looking for it might not work for you. However it does give your phone a different feel when using it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have Apex Pro and Nova Prime (from when Google had it for a quarter) and I keep going back to apex. I find that even if I check of persistent to keep it from redrawing as much, nova redraws constantly. Apex doesn't for me. I also find the grid sizing on apex works better for me with programs like UCCW. There's a couple of little things I wish apex did like nova but I've never kept nova on for longer than a week before I'm back to apex.

I had to get the red SGS3...garnet is my birthstone! Excuses sent via Tapatalk 2

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried a lot of launchers and keep going back to Apex. I love how you can set the speed in increments from 0-50 and make it fly with no glitches or hang ups between page transitions.

Plus it allows me to have notification count with aquamail while most launchers don't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is Nova Launcher for the simple reason that it's the only one that supports GLOBAL Badge Notification (those little red #'s) because once you get use to them you can't go without em!

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

ADW & Apex are good too, but without GLOBAL Badge Notifications (because SMS, GMail, Calls aren't enough!) they just don't cut it for my uses.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Another Nova Prime vote here. Used to like Apex when I had my GS2 before it started locking it up. I uninstalled it and went to Nova and liked it so much I bought prime.

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I use for a while many different launchers and then will go back to default UI. I've tried SF, ADW, Apex, GO and Nova Prime. Out of all of them I use Nova Prime the most. It's highly configurable, very stable, recently updated to 2.0 and looks great. Along with HD Widgets and Beautiful Widgets, customization is near endless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582