Best Nvidia shield tablet case?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
The one from Nvidia works great on mine. No coverage for the back though, but the back is pretty durable.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Really depends on what you are looking for, are you looking for a full coverage cover or other?

The Nvidia cover is very nice, that said it really is only protecting the screen and being a stand at the same time.

TalkofNY26

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Really depends on what you are looking for, are you looking for a full coverage cover or other?

The Nvidia cover is very nice, that said it really is only protecting the screen and being a stand at the same time.

Do you think protecting the back is neccesary? I think since this tablet is a little thicker than a normal tablet I will opt for something as slim as possible so maybe the nvidia cover will do

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Do you think protecting the back is neccesary? I think since this tablet is a little thicker than a normal tablet I will opt for something as slim as possible so maybe the nvidia cover will do

Yeah for transporting in a bag of whatever, I find the front coverage is sufficient. No protection from drops, obviously.

See also my comments in another recent thread here about the cover... I'd reproduce them here if I weren't typing one-handed on the Shield while holding an infant.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the market for a case. I want the something to covers the back of the tablet. I had my nexus 7 in a case and 2 years later it still looks perfect. I guess i'll just get the same case (from the same manufacturer) that I got for the Nexus 7.

richoz30

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nvidia cover and it's fabulous, but yes, the back is exposed. Mine has held up well to daily use but I also put it in another tablet carrying case when I transport it out of the house.

What I'm looking for now is a single case that will hold the Shield tablet AND the Shield controller comfortably for portability. Any thoughts or suggestions?

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a fintie smartshell case from Amazon and it's really good for the price. It protects the back, has magnets for the auto on/off function of the cover and can be folded into a stand like the nvidia cover.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419