Best phone to Worst phone

chib32394

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
first i have signal issues and get replacements and still have issues. then my apps are constintally freezing up. now my phone keeps resetting randomly. never have i seen a phone have this many problems. i have only had this phone for a month. never again will i get a htc or reccommend sprint or htc

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It's totally HTC. I used to like them, but I will never stray from Motorola again (Samsung is much worse than HTC, btw). Signal strength matters.

Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the Motorola Photon and I cannot believe that a person would ever decide to go Motorola over HTC. The EVO LTE is an incredible phone - I'm sorry if you got a bad one. I had 4 Photons before finally moving to the EVO and I've never looked back. The EVO is a new phone and it's helping test Google Wallet for everyone, so there are bugs with that which affect the phone, yes, but they are easily remedied.

Also, again, why is any of this Sprint's fault?

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem with my HTC Hero but I had my EVO since July 18th and I had minor problem nothing as major here it so minor I just ignore it and keep going.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
first i have signal issues and get replacements and still have issues. then my apps are constintally freezing up. now my phone keeps resetting randomly. never have i seen a phone have this many problems. i have only had this phone for a month. never again will i get a htc or reccommend sprint or htc

This is not enough information to know anything.
What do you mean "get replacements"? That is plural. You have had 3 or more EVO's now?
What does "signal issues" mean? Wifi? 3G? 4G? Bluetooth? NFC?
Are you in an area where they are rolling out 4G? If so, that explains 3G/4G.

Apps constantly freezing and phone resetting usually points to user fault- installing something strange (like a task killer, or questionable set of apps) or having done something like rooting and tampering, ROM'ing, etc. Perform a factory reset.

chib32394

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
sprint will only keep giving me replacements and they wont change devices. i have already had 3 replacement devices and still the same signal issues. and im not saying htc evo is a bad phone but htc evo is not made for my area htc stated to me the other da.

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The reload was annoying but I haven't had that since they releases the last upgrade. Also connectivity suck but I checked in sprints sure and they have been working on the towers around me. Sounds like that's the problem you are having.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
sprint will only keep giving me replacements and they wont change devices. i have already had 3 replacement devices and still the same signal issues. and im not saying htc evo is a bad phone but htc evo is not made for my area htc stated to me the other da.

You still have not described what you mean by "signal issues" nor where you are located.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the signal issues with my evolte too. Randomly it will disconnect from wifi, 3g and 4g.

The 3g/4g issues started after I got 4g....but that shouldn't affect the wifi. Sad really.... I love this phone, but this is a big bummer.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Between me & my wife we are on our 6th EVO LTE phone about to be #7. 3 of ours just quit, wouldn't do anything. One of mine the text program went bad. So far all have been replaced @ n/c. Now i find out the local Sprint Store gave my wife a used phone, they are willing to order a new phone. I'm trying to get Sprint to give us both new Samsung S3's, since we have had so many issues.:-!

JN5586

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep HTC puts out poor quality phones. Before getting the EVO I had an S2 and before that the G1. Guess which phone was absolutely flawless while the other was marred with bugs.

In the case of the EVO it's not just bugs, it's poor design and poor hardware. Why on a phone with this speed am I often greeted with a loading screen when pressing the home key. Lol. I don't even have anything intensive on my home screen. It's just a poor phone for what's supposed to be a flagship model. Never again will I buy anything HTC.

chib32394

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
yea im trying to get the s3 as well but i keep getting told that i will only be able to receive a evo lte only unless i pay full price for a different phone or my 2 year contract is up

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yep HTC puts out poor quality phones. Before getting the EVO I had an S2 and before that the G1. Guess which phone was absolutely flawless while the other was marred with bugs.

In the case of the EVO it's not just bugs, it's poor design and poor hardware. Why on a phone with this speed am I often greeted with a loading screen when pressing the home key. Lol. I don't even have anything intensive on my home screen. It's just a poor phone for what's supposed to be a flagship model. Never again will I buy anything HTC.

Um the loading is due to software not hardware sense 4 is large and uses a lot of resources. The since I loaded the update I haven't seen a single reload of rosy. And to hold a grudge against HTC for the g1 really that device was released in what 08 at the time android was marred with bugs. And to say the s2 didn't have issues is funny I had an att version and it was probably the second worse built phone that I've had next to the og pre.
And to the op a factory reset is your friend you could be loading apps that just don't work right with your software configuration. Poor signal is all sprint try to update your prl and try the latest update I've had good luck with it

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
still having issues with signal. as for 3g wifi and txt and call signal. just connectivity in general.

That's mostly sprint I was also made it had issues with signal while my wife had none bit she uses the 4s which operates on a different band than us. And remember the water isn't always greener on the other side I'm pretty sure the s3 has or had a nasty wifi bug