Best screen protector?

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you are the first person I have ever heard say the Boxwave is "slightly tacky". I have never found a person that can even tell that it is one. Are you sure you didn't put it on backwards?

If you get any dust stuck under the Boxwave, there is a simple fix. Wrap a piece of scotch tape around your finger and pull the protector up. Use the tape to pull off any dust, and put the protector back down.

Thanks for the suggestion on getting the dust out. The problem was the air duster blew so much dust that it was covered in it. Had I tried your solution in the first place it sounds like it would have worked.

I have tested the boxwave side by side to another EVO without it and yes, it is "very slightly tacky". Not really noticeable though and I'm totally fine with it. For comparisons sake, the ZAGG feels much tackier. The end result is I definitely recommend it, although I sure hope it protects well.

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think you are the first person I have ever heard say the Boxwave is "slightly tacky". I have never found a person that can even tell that it is one. Are you sure you didn't put it on backwards?

If you get any dust stuck under the Boxwave, there is a simple fix. Wrap a piece of scotch tape around your finger and pull the protector up. Use the tape to pull off any dust, and put the protector back down.

I'm sorry, but Boxwave is indeed slightly tacky. It gets better with more use. I've been using Boxwave for several phones. Good product, but not exactly impressed. Unfortunately for me I dropped my phone a couple of feet and my Boxwave got scratched up. I guess that is better than the screen getting scratched up.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, but Boxwave is indeed slightly tacky. It gets better with more use. I've been using Boxwave for several phones. Good product, but not exactly impressed. Unfortunately for me I dropped my phone a couple of feet and my Boxwave got scratched up. I guess that is better than the screen getting scratched up.

I use Boxwave's on all my gadgets. Yes, the one downfall is they do scratch, but I would rather replace it a couple times over the lifespan of the phone then deal with a screen protector that is really tacky like the Zagg InvisibleShield. That's kind of weird, I have never noticed any tackiness at all after a day's use for break in. Maybe I just get used to it.

SurfXtraDog

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Any type of protector is going to have "some" tackyness" to it some more then others. I used the cheap cut to form kind when I first got my EVO knowing I would purchase one later. The cheap ones had bubbles no matter how hard I tried to install without and trying to get them out put scraches on the protector...UGH Got a Zagg and have to admit the tackyness was too noticable. Then my 1st EVO bricked and I got a replacement. So from this forum I decided to try Boxwave. So far I am really impressed, the instalation was the easiest yet to date compaired to any prior screen protector ( I have covered my BB, and Zune B4) and the look, well it looks just like the glass!!! You cannot tell it's on at all!! Feel, well it's feels the best to date!! Unless someone says there is a better protectorout there I will replace this one when I need to with another Boxwave............. 2 smudge free thumbsup!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Boxwave's on all my gadgets. Yes, the one downfall is they do scratch, but I would rather replace it a couple times over the lifespan of the phone then deal with a screen protector that is really tacky like the Zagg InvisibleShield. That's kind of weird, I have never noticed any tackiness at all after a day's use for break in. Maybe I just get used to it.

I have the Zagg full body and it's for sure tacky.... Once I got swype I tried a couple of other shields and for the last 3+ weeks I have actually just been naked on the screen and I won't go back. The screen is pretty damn durable and so far not a single scratch... and I don't baby my phone... No I don't slap it around like a hockey puck but it goes in and out of my jean pockets 20+ times per day, I set it in the cup holder in my car while driving (I also don't have a case.. Only the Zagg full body shield minus the screen protector) and the phone looks great.... It's going to get a ding or dent here or there over time.. Just part of the game... in at least one year maybe two it will be replaced.. I doubt the screen will get tore up enough in that time frame so I love the feel of the glass vs any shield/screen protector...

UltimatePG

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
<3 my boxwave. I've been using this screen protector for all my phones (except the pre) since my mogul. I had the antiglare one on my mogul, and the crystal clear ones on my touch pro and evo 4g. I used the zagg protector on my pre and hated the feel and orange peel look.

Also, tip for putting on the boxwave protector: Do it in your bathroom. Turn on the hot water in the sink or shower, wait for it to steam up in there. The steam will cling to the dust and pull it down, making it a great environment to put on the protector.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Zagg and boxwave are junk in my opinion... feels like holding a cheap kid toy from a happy meal after they are applied.

I use Ghost armor, its the greatest in my opinion, if you scratch the applied screen protector (you can also get it to cover your WHOLE phone) the scratches disappear within 8 hours. I'll post a couple links...

YouTube - ‪Invisible Shield VS Bodyguardz VS BSE VS GHost Armor for the Iphone 3G‬‎

"Ghost Armor™ has been precisely pre-cut to invisibly protect your HTC EVO 4G perfectly. You'll receive the same extreme protection for your HTC EVO 4G that the military helicopter blades, fighter jets' wingtips and the space shuttle's wingtips receive! Without bulk, creases, bubbles, or that orange peel look, we'll protect your HTC EVO 4G from scratches and dings. And remember - we back our product with a lifetime warranty!"

Ghost Armor

You can get it officially applied at a ghost armor retailer/outlet or you can do it yourself. if you do it yourself take your time and be carefull, the patoff for doing it right is amazing. I dont mean to sound like a salesman here but this is the best IMO.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Zagg and boxwave are junk in my opinion... feels like holding a cheap kids toy from a happy meal after they are applied.

I use Ghost armor, its the greatest in my opinion, if you scratch the applied screen protector (you can also get it to cover your WHOLE phone) the scratches disappear within 8 hours. I'll post a couple links...

YouTube - ‪Invisible Shield VS Bodyguardz VS BSE VS GHost Armor for the Iphone 3G‬‎

"Ghost Armor™ has been precisely pre-cut to invisibly protect your HTC EVO 4G perfectly. You'll receive the same extreme protection for your HTC EVO 4G that the military helicopter blades, fighter jets' wingtips and the space shuttle's wingtips receive! Without bulk, creases, bubbles, or that orange peel look, we'll protect your HTC EVO 4G from scratches and dings. And remember - we back our product with a lifetime warranty!"

Ghost Armor

You can get it officially applied at a ghost armor retailer/outlet or you can do it yourself. if you do it yourself take your time and be carefull, the payoff for doing it right is amazing. I dont mean to sound like a salesman here but this is the best IMO. Oh and no tackyness at all it actually made it smoother.

Last edited:

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Had the Zagg....no, no, no....very crappy.

Tried the XO skins....almost as bad as ZAGG.

Just received Seidio ultra clear and whoa! Talk about quality! Totally satisfied. Even for those that don't care to rock a screen protector need to check this out. It does the naked EVO screen justice and takes NOTHING away from the glamour....it's like a screen protector isn't present.

Thanks to all those who recommended it!

Skywing269

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Seidio ultra clear as well. Def the best protector out there for this thing. No messy water based applications or 24 hour drying times. Fits the screen perfectly and has the exact same finish as the glass itself so theres no visible or physical difference. Overall perfect.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
cool I just ordered the rugged combo which comes with the Seidio ultra clear protector so I was wondering if it feels almost like the naked glass? How much does it take away from the natural feeling?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Had Sprint brand Screen protectors both clear and anti glare - both horrible quality and feel, also only covered screen, not entire front.

Had BSE = felt too tacky.

Now have Steinheil's Anti-fingerprint and loving it!

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
cool I just ordered the rugged combo which comes with the Seidio ultra clear protector so I was wondering if it feels almost like the naked glass? How much does it take away from the natural feeling?
You read right...just like a naked glass....both feel and look. Takes nothing away from the natural feel. In this instance you get to have your cake and eat it too.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Zagg and boxwave are junk in my opinion... feels like holding a cheap kids toy from a happy meal after they are applied.

What exactly did you dislike about the boxwave? It feels just like the glass when it's on, and you can't see it unless you're actually looking for it and look around the camera.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What exactly did you dislike about the boxwave? It feels just like the glass when it's on, and you can't see it unless you're actually looking for it and look around the camera.

Does not feel like glass, once I checked out ghost armor on my friends itouch, I noticed a BIG different and switched.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Does not feel like glass, once I checked out ghost armor on my friends itouch, I noticed a BIG different and switched.

Good argument, how am I supposed to respond to that? Does too! Ghost armor is nice, but it's still the same stuff as phantom skinz, invisible shield, and the like. Just some minor tweaks to make it thinner. If you like it better, great, but don't say the boxwave doesn't feel like glass, because that's bs. Out of all the shields I have ever tried on any of my gadgets, boxwave feeld the best. If you said they scratch too much, maybe I'd agree with you, because they can scratch. I'd rather change my shield every couple months when it scratches then use a shield that's rubbery and requires liquid to install. I've also had experiences with them ghost armor and invisible shields leaving glue residue when removed after about a year. Add to that the corners peeling up after a couple months and trapping dirt and I will stick with my glasslike Boxwave.