Best screen protector?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
A free one. Screen protectors aren't worth any amount of money. Your screen is already scratch resistant. That layer of film you're applying is only good for gathering small air bubbles, attracting smudges, and scraping up pocket lint.

That being said, if you buy an Otterbox, it comes with a screen protector. I tried it on my Rezound and it seems fine. Don't get fooled into that "military grade" marketing crap if you go buy one. They're all the same.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
A free one. Screen protectors aren't worth any amount of money. Your screen is already scratch resistant. That layer of film you're applying is only good for gathering small air bubbles, attracting smudges, and scraping up pocket lint.

That being said, if you buy an Otterbox, it comes with a screen protector. I tried it on my Rezound and it seems fine. Don't get fooled into that "military grade" marketing crap if you go buy one. They're all the same.

I disagree on both points. I thought I didn't need a screen protector on my Rezound due to it being "scratch resistant", but it already has a scratch.

As far as screen protectors go, I've always liked the ones made by Boxwave. They look great and don't have problems with bubbles or lint, and no more smudges than a protector-less screen. I've seen some terrible-looking protectors on other people phones..make them look like they just slapped some Saran Wrap on them.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best screen protector? Zagg great

:)I have the Zagg screen protector and it is great. If you put it on right you wont go wrong. I have no problems at all

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used screen protectors ever since I saw my friend's Droid screen shattered when she fell and dropped it. I am less concerned about scratching it because I am generally careful. If I happen to drop it, I figure the skin will afford some shatter protection.

I have used several brands but I am using PhantomSkinz brand now.

...Sent from my Tab

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
A screen protector won't stop the screen from breaking. It will however protect from scratches. I just buy a bunch of cheap ones from Amazon and change them out whenever they don't look new anymore. Its good practice as well because you will ruin a few until you learn how to put hem one without any bubbles.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to use ghost armor but hate the sticky feel of it. I like the smooth feel of my thunderbolt screen. I have an inexpensive one I got from an indirect Verizon store and it covers it well. Easy to clean and still has the smooth touch as if I don't have one. Came with one replacement. I am pleased with it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to use a ZAGG one. But when I replaced my phone and decided not to get another one. I forgot how smooth the glass was. So I kept it off.

Sent from my Dinc using Tapatalk

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
After using the Otterbox built-in screen protector/cover, its the best thing since sliced bread. Don't even notice any swipe issues and it's a simple wipe clean with the LCD cloth cleaner I use on the computer monitor. Also clear enough for me to see the screen outside during the day.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to use a ZAGG one. But when I replaced my phone and decided not to get another one. I forgot how smooth the glass was. So I kept it off.
Yeah, ever since the Droid 1 I cant stand the feel of screen protectors. And it turned out I never needed it.

The only thing I have ever seen scratch glass is sand. My friend took his Droid 1 to the beach and scratched up the screen that way. He's never been real careful with his phones anyway though.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm deeply saddened. No one has mentioned my favortite - Best Skins Ever. If you google it you'll see it compares well to any of the others and at only about 1/2 to 1/3 the price

DiceDemon

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Naked. The Verizon rep put one on at the store and picked out my Gmail username for me (without asking!). First thing I did when I got home was remove that cloudy cover, I like to see that gorgeous screen in all it's glory!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte