Best Text Message App For Galaxy S5

Woody Wood 0

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Could anyone advise which texting app I should use between Verizon Messenger and Samsung Messenger? Again converting from being an iPhone user for the last 5 to 6 year's and all this is like new coming back to Android phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Messaging. Some people like other apps. Most of them are free, so install one, try it, back it up, uninstall it, install another one, etc., etc. When you find the one you like best (it's a purely personal thing - SMS is SMS), reinstall that one.

I hope you remembered to remove your iPhone from iMessaging. (If not, go to an Apple store and have them do it for you, or you won't be getting any texts.) Have all your still-on-iPhone friends send you at least one iMessage marked to be SMS. If you receive an iMessage, the phone will disregard it - iMessage isn't texting, it's an Apple exclusive.

Woody Wood 0

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks you guys and yes as soon as I got my GS5 I got them to remove iMessaging. LOL, I tried to get them to shut down my whole iTunes account period but they said it will take 30 days of no usage then it closes it's self down.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you want an experience similar to Messages on the iPhone, give Hangouts a try. You can get your SMS/MMS messages and web-based Google chats all in one interface. Unfortunately, we're not quite to the point where SMS and MMS can be integrated into the same message "thread" as the web-based chats.

Keenan Walker

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I've enjoyed using Textra, but just received a notification that "my free trial" has ended, and to continue I must choose between "free with ads" or "upgrade to pro". Now, I've received two ads already to app apps (perhaps from the same development team). I'd prefer to deal with the vanilla stock app if this is Textra's 'new normal'. Thx.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiSwipe