BestBuy: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

cardude99

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I ordered mine last night. Apple's keynote with the iPhone X sealed the deal for me. Got my tracking number this evening and it shows it will arrive Monday. Bye-bye iPhone. Upgrading from a 7 Plus and I am really excited.

What made you switch? Curious to get and apple persons perspective. Ive always been a note guy so i am very curious. Welcome to the club!

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. I was able to get the tracking number this way, even though it still has never moved off processing on the BB website. My phone was picked up by UPS in Raleigh, NC less than hour ago!

Mine got a tracking number this morning, shipping from a town 45 minutes away from me.

Best Buy still says "Awaiting UPS pickup". They've been telling me it will arrive tomorrow -- so much for that. 😞

David808Arias

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
I made an appointment for Friday 8am pickup, but I just received an email, Wednesday night, stating that my device is ready for p/u. By the time I seem my email, the store had closed for the day. I surely hope it's ready! I'm planning to call 1st thing in the morning to see what they say. Fingers crossed!!!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I made an appointment for Friday 8am pickup, but I just received an email, Wednesday night, stating that my device is ready for p/u. By the time I seem my email, the store had closed for the day. I surely hope it's ready! I'm planning to call 1st thing in the morning to see what they say. Fingers crossed!!!

Definitely post back and let us know.

I worked last night and I kept checking my email and didn’t see any mention of Preorders going out Thursday.

But that could’ve changed overnight as well, especially if you preordered at a big Best Buy.

Did you preorder at a big Best Buy Store or a Best Buy Mobile?

dieselwind

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
What made you switch? Curious to get and apple persons perspective. Ive always been a note guy so i am very curious. Welcome to the club!

I have always admired Android, but I found myself deep in the apple ecosystem. iMessage, Facetime, iTunes - everything was all connected. That's what kept me going along with them. Last year with the 7 plus, I was excited about the camera but hugely disappointed with the same old 1080p screen. I was growing tired of paying a premium price for a product that felt inferior to its Android counterparts.

This year I told myself that the iPhone 8 (or X) didn't "wow" me, I would break away from them. The iPhone X was the worst presentation I've watched in years (in my opinion). It was a beta device being introduced to us as "the future." The price point was ridiculous! They couldn't figure out touch ID, so they tried to upsell this "facial ID is the future" crap. The OLED is nice, but it's Samsung's leftovers (600 nit brightness compared to 1000 and 1200 with the S8 and Note 8) I also noticed a few other things that made me jump:

- Applecare price increase
- upgrading storage capacity jumped from $100 to $150
- to get the best iPhone X, I'd have to spend beyond $1200

It seems all about the money to apple now.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
UPS tracking over 48 hrs no update scheduled delivery tomorrow the 15th well see
And going in store with my coupon tommorow for price match additional 10% well also see about that ?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have always admired Android, but I found myself deep in the apple ecosystem. iMessage, Facetime, iTunes - everything was all connected. That's what kept me going along with them. Last year with the 7 plus, I was excited about the camera but hugely disappointed with the same old 1080p screen. I was growing tired of paying a premium price for a product that felt inferior to its Android counterparts.

This year I told myself that the iPhone 8 (or X) didn't "wow" me, I would break away from them. The iPhone X was the worst presentation I've watched in years (in my opinion). It was a beta device being introduced to us as "the future." The price point was ridiculous! They couldn't figure out touch ID, so they tried to upsell this "facial ID is the future" crap. The OLED is nice, but it's Samsung's leftovers (600 nit brightness compared to 1000 and 1200 with the S8 and Note 8) I also noticed a few other things that made me jump:

Not to mention how Apple made a huge deal about wireless charging.... That's been around for a long time. To me it seems Apple is always playing catch up, they are doing the safe route, letting other companies take the risks, that's not being a leader, they are a follower.

They do have a solid product though, but they should, a lot of their technology has been tested already. Welcome to note 8, I think once you get used to new OS, you will like it.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site

What made this long time Apple iPhone owner (owend iPhones since the 4) was the screen notch and lack of an integrated stylus.

Long before Steve Jobs came back there was the Apple Newton PDA in 1993 with advanced Assist (Link to Action in S Note), shape recognition, ink, ink to text conversion (immediate and delayed). That is what I have been missing. The iPad Pro with Apple Pencil came close when you use OneNote, but not exact.

That notch in the screen drives me nuts!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

it's all only ever been about Apple $, Samsung $, Amazon $... nothing has changed. they just weren't so obvious about money grubbing in the past. no one is hiding it anymore is the only thing that has changed.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
19e1be15aca29da36b74f2fe93c744cb.jpg
Ordered mine yesterday and apparently it’s ready to pick up!

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention how Apple made a huge deal about wireless charging.... That's been around for a long time. To me it seems Apple is always playing catch up, they are doing the safe route, letting other companies take the risks, that's not being a leader, they are a follower.

They do have a solid product though, but they should, a lot of their technology has been tested already. Welcome to note 8, I think once you get used to new OS, you will like it.

Welcome to Android & A.C. I think you'll be blown away with the Note 8! Give yourself a chance to adjust to the new OS & I'm sure you'll love it! There's a lot of great people on the forums willing to pass on their knowledge & lend a helping hand. WELCOME To The Note 8 Forum, ENJOY!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord