T-Mobile: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Heh, dude that's a whole other thread. But yes I agree, it's kind of pointless to have unlimited data at that point.

I got a T-Mobile One plan during the $50/line promotion, during which I was able to get HD streaming included in the deal. If I got that kind of functionality today, it'd be $60/line + $10 for the HD video = $70/line. Not exactly highway robbery, but given that I have two lines (I'm the only one in my family who cares about HD video), and with my Note 8 via JOD, that's about $170/month. Which doesn't seem any better than what my friends on Verizon are paying.

Had T-Mobile not offered that promotion, I'd have just stuck with my 6 GB/month Simple Choice plan.

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone ever had UPS lose their package, aka one of the workers stole your phone? Was supposed to pick my phone up Friday, got the notification to come pick it up. When I got there they said they couldn't find it and that it had been incorrectly sorted and I would be able to get it on Monday. Now Monday is here and they still have no idea where it is, so I called T-Mobile and they called UPS on 3 way and we had to open up a lost package investigation which will take 8 days. I will never pre-order a phone online again and just keep doing my upgrades in store like I normally do. This is why I hate the way T-Mobile ships phones in the black box with the pink T on it.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone ever had UPS lose their package, aka one of the workers stole your phone? Was supposed to pick my phone up Friday, got the notification to come pick it up. When I got there they said they couldn't find it and that it had been incorrectly sorted and I would be able to get it on Monday. Now Monday is here and they still have no idea where it is, so I called T-Mobile and they called UPS on 3 way and we had to open up a lost package investigation which will take 8 days. I will never pre-order a phone online again and just keep doing my upgrades in store like I normally do. This is why I hate the way T-Mobile ships phones in the black box with the pink T on it.

Ugh that sucks. :( I hope they get it sorted it out for you asap.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Finally received mine last night. Still setting it up, so a pic with my Note 5 here. I put on the screen protector, but it seems thick. The case is clear.

Attachments

• 13212.jpg
    13212.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 13

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Status update: Irma was seriously weakened by the time the worst him my area (Ruskin, 20mi south of Tampa). I never even lost electricity. I guesstimate the highest winds were 50-60 sustained and gusts into the 70-80 range. By 3am Monday it was over.

Last Friday UPS weenied out on me and recalled all their deliver trucks with my damn phone on board. I checked UPS.COM and it looks like they are on the move again. I might get the phones today.

I will remember this for a long time and know next time to use the next day service. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Thanks to all that joined me in acting like a 4 year old before Christmas Morning.

I will post when I finally get it.

nicemann

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Just to confirm, TMobile as stores won't have these in store till Friday correct? My online order got cancelled and they can't seem to answer why.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's what I meant. It is kind of tacky or slow. Especially if my fingernail gets across it.

This part I'm trying with the Spen and it seems actually pretty decent and fast.

Oh ok, gotcha. I don't have my N8 yet so I was using the Spen from my N4 on my S8. After I changed the pen tip it was pretty smooth so I should fare well.

I like the wrap around feature of that protector.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just to confirm, TMobile as stores won't have these in store till Friday correct? My online order got cancelled and they can't seem to answer why.
I was just at my local T-Mobile and they hadn't received their shipments yet. The guy said hopefully tomorrow so they'll be ready for Friday morning. He also mentioned they are being forced to open early by Apple for the iPhone 8 pre-order. So, be prepared for a potential mad house Friday morning.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok, gotcha. I don't have my N8 yet so I was using the Spen from my N4 on my S8. After I changed the pen tip it was pretty smooth so I should fare well.

I liked that wrap around as well. I heard some screen protectors were coming off. Even with the clear case, that wrap around isn't noticeable.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

How did you do that? My son is using my S8 plus and would like to have an S Pen similar to my note 8:10 but I noticed my Note 8 pen does not work on the S8 obviously

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Wow, very surprised that there are still people who haven't gotten their phones. Any of you choose expedited or overnight shipping?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Wonder if a poll could be created. Date and time , method of order, ship date, receive date, receive location.

I preordered 8.24 at 5 a.m. on Tmobile Facebook chat and co firmed the order final via a quick phone call from Tmobile. Chose to pay $24 for overnight shipping. Phone shipped last Wednesday 9
6 arriving at my loc UPS point Weds afternoon . I picked it up there Thursday 9.7 about an hour before close.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Wonder if a poll could be created. Date and time , method of order, ship date, receive date, receive location.

I preordered 8.24 at 5 a.m. on Tmobile Facebook chat and co firmed the order final via a quick phone call from Tmobile. Chose to pay $24 for overnight shipping. Phone shipped last Wednesday 9
6 arriving at my loc UPS point Weds afternoon . I picked it up there Thursday 9.7 about an hour before close.

Yeah it might be good to have a poll. The data would be useful to those of us on JOD who will be surely ordering the Galaxy S9. As for me:

Preordered on 8/24 at around 9:00 AM via T-Mobile on Twitter (also got the phone call). Paid $15 for expedited shipping. Phone arrived on Wednesday afternoon; would have come to my apartment, but I redirected it to the distribution center to pick it up that evening. So thirteen days between order and pickup. In retrospect, doesn't seem like that long! But at the time it felt like an eternity.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How did you do that? My son is using my S8 plus and would like to have an S Pen similar to my note 8:10 but I noticed my Note 8 pen does not work on the S8 obviously

I just used it to get an idea of how it would feel with my N8 since it's the same brand protector. You know, just rubbed the Spen across the screen to see if was tacky or smooth.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I was just at my local T-Mobile and they hadn't received their shipments yet. The guy said hopefully tomorrow so they'll be ready for Friday morning. He also mentioned they are being forced to open early by Apple for the iPhone 8 pre-order. So, be prepared for a potential mad house Friday morning.

Won't most order online? Or on the phone?
I don't know if I'd expect a big crowed.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, quick question. I know this was covered the beginning of this thread but for those buying the last few day with jump on demand, how did the transaction go for you?
Was it $0 down and $39 ish per month?
is TMO honoring this?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what the original jod is but I have jump on demand and I got into mine for zero down 39 a month I only paid the next day air shipping as I chose the quicker shipping method

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919