Beta 5 network issues

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I am on the latest beta and I think it's broke my network cellular connectivity again like beta 1 and 2 did. I may try a factory reset to see if that helps. Did anyone else that is on beta 5 experience this?
When I say broke network, I just mean it's weaker than usual.

Last edited:

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I switched my esim to my Razr and got the same result. I just had T-Mobile reset my connection from their side and it went from 119dBm to 96dBm. So it wasn't a phone or modems or software issue, which was a good thing

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I switched my esim to my Razr and got the same result. I just had T-Mobile reset my connection from their side and it went from 119dBm to 96dBm. So it wasn't a phone or modems or software issue, which was a good thing
Hopefully better results

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you like having esim...I'm usually swapping my physical SIM between devices
It has its advantages and disadvantages. Just is still out whether or not I will continue using esim. I like not having to pop on and off my cases every time I want to swap. That never was an issue until foldable where they use adhesive to secure the case to the phone.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
It has its advantages and disadvantages. Just is still out whether or not I will continue using esim. I like not having to pop on and off my cases every time I want to swap. That never was an issue until foldable where they use adhesive to secure the case to the phone.
I removed my slim case a few times not really seeing any fit issues but I can see why you decided to go esim

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Do you like having esim...I'm usually swapping my physical SIM between devices
I wonder if the esim switching could be confusing T-Mobile's system and causing the network issues?

I also just switch my physical sims back and forth and have never had an issue. I just don't trust esims ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I may go back to a physical sim at some point. I did want to test the Esim swapping out. To be fair I have swapped back and forth several times before I had an issue. The other thing I noticed was the first few times the process was the same, just provided the EID # and the line and worked fine, then the last few times I also had to provide the EMEI as well.

I also probably switched more than I usually would have as I was testing it from the T-Mobile app(chat), twitter support and texting 611 sources figuring out my best options there.

The other side of this is, eventually this is the way things are headed so I was curious.

Last edited:

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I don't know if it seems more like a pain... They should have it where you could just do it yourself on the app... I'm most likely upgrading to the newer iPhone this year and it will be ESIM the only good thing is I normally don't swap out my iPhones

Reactions: J Dubbs

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it seems more like a pain... They should have it where you could just do it yourself on the app... I'm most likely upgrading to the newer iPhone this year and it will be ESIM the only good thing is I normally don't swap out my iPhones
No at very minimum they should have an API from their website portal for a user to enter EID and phone line at least for line administrators. Seems like they could do that with minimal issues, but idk I could be over simplifying the concept.