Blasted pop-up notifications!

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a way stop the blasted pop-up SMS/MMS notifications? I know its a 'feature' of lollipop, but I can't stand it. Touchwiz doesn't have the 'interruptions' settings I've read about that works. And the messaging apps, both stock, Hangouts and Google Messenger have no special option to stop JUST the pop-up 'feature'.

Do we just have to wait for the apps to get updated?

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a way stop the blasted pop-up SMS/MMS notifications? I know its a 'feature' of lollipop, but I can't stand it. Touchwiz doesn't have the 'interruptions' settings I've read about that works. And the messaging apps, both stock, Hangouts and Google Messenger have no special option to stop JUST the pop-up 'feature'.

Do we just have to wait for the apps to get updated?

The stock Messaging app has a setting check box under Settings/Notifications titled "Pop-up display" with the description "Show new messages in pop-ups on all screens except the lock screen". Does that setting not work?

Larry

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Larry, I can't BELIEVE I didn't see that.... /facepalm. I've been loathe to go back to the stock app because it almost always gets bogged down in a particular group text of 6 people that I have. I wish Hangouts and Messenger had that setting...or better yet, a system-level toggle!

Oh well, trying Textra now as an alternative.

Thanks!