Blocking spam calls or numbers

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all i get a ton of spam call. about 12 a day so i have always long pressed on the number and clicked block/report as spam. no as of today that no longer is an option. it used to say copy number ,edit number ,block/report as spam and delete. now it says copy number,edit number before calland delete. does anyone know why this is? maybe its a setting or is it an update?

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't answer that But I will say that you are most likely wasting your time as to reporting / blocking. Most of the numbers are spoofed. So blocking reporting is basically a waste of time. My experience has been the majority of the spam calls are spoofed local numbers. I have found that since google enabled the "call screen" feature my number of spam calls have gone down significantly. They way I use it is if the call coming in is not in my contacts list then it gets screened. the other end almost always hangs up. I can count on one hand where the spam call automated recording actually responded to the google assistant. the more I use it the less calls I get. I think my number is actually being taken off whatever database is going around as a number that is dead. Just my guess.

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
After the call is completed go into the call history and if you hard press the caller's number, the ability to block should show up

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I did do that this morning. my wife has a pixel 3 and hers is fine. and both my kids have an og pixel and they are fine as well.

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
no it didnt work the way it used to. what i did this morning was delete the cache and cleared the storage and it fixed it. strange.

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
if you want to here something really crazy. my wife as txting on here pix 3 xl and here smiley face emoji draw i guess its called had all kinds of new things in it and swiped up and down instead of left and right. i said wow i guess it was updated. i looked at my pix 3 xl and it was the same old way it was and swiped left and right. about 2 hours later my wife txting again and the awesome new emoji draw was back to the previous way it was (like mine). no updat or anything. i checked my version and hers and they were the same. so last night i looked at my daughters pix 1 xl and she had the new awesome emoji draw. so i looked at her version # and it was less than mine my wifes or my other daughters. so i updated it to match and she still has the new draw. ????????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777