Blue dots and lines on my pictures?

Kari Senter

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have blue dots and a random blue line showing up on all my pictures. There are no scratches or dirt on the lens but these little dots and a line show up on every picture. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Ashley Jane

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
My samsung galaxy 3 always shows blue dots when my camera is on and ends up in my pix. No matter if flash is on or not. The lens isn't dirty. Any ideas?

camille1936

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've got the same problem and it is disheartening. :( Blue/purple dots and lines appear when using the 8MP camera and video. They appear when I activate the camera and are in every shot with or without flash. Same goes for video. The dots/lines don't appear when using the 1.9MP self portrait camera. The number of dots and lines have increased since I got the S3 in March 2013. There are now 6 separate dots/lines. Help. I was willing to accept the issue when there was one little dot now there are 6...that makes for a lousy photo.

NSAWAT_CHAN00

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Same issue developed starting with image taken on 7/8/2014 6:22PM. Suspect it is camera sensor pixel failure, but is highly unusual to have more than one user experience the same combination/location of the failure. If so, I would speculate that Samsung had a batch mfg. defect that may have effected thousands.

Attachments

• 20140714_070333.jpg
    20140714_070333.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 14

korean student

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm a korean student and my father is an engineer in camera sensor division of samsung electronics. He wants to know the conditions(about climate,place and humidity etc) which demonstrate the blue dot problems. He should recognize the situation to make the same situation in his lab to experiment. Please send me the full explainations. More data and information, more possibilties to fix the problem.

korean student

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm a korean student and my father is an engineer in camera sensor division of samsung electronics. He wants to know the conditions(about climate,place and humidity etc) which demonstrate the blue dot problems. He should recognize the situation to make the same situation in his lab to experiment. Please send me the full explainations. More data and information, more possibilties to fix the problem

Robert Palmore

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in a dry high altitude desert. About 2300 feet above sea level. The day is about 78 degrees F. I've had a whole series of photos ruined by the blue dots. They almost look like stuff on the lens because they move around and are randomly placed. I cleaned the lens and the same happens. Battery well charged and no flash.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned the lens and the same happens.
Sounds like your camera sensor is jacked up.
Have you tried recording video to see if the same artifacts are present?
Does anything strange happen if you use the front camera?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

taha tahir

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
when i capture some photos i got a lot of lines (blue and pink). it always happen when the flash is on.
and also the camera show a lot of noise.

Pwilzon

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm a korean student and my father is an engineer in camera sensor division of samsung electronics. He wants to know the conditions(about climate,place and humidity etc) which demonstrate the blue dot problems. He should recognize the situation to make the same situation in his lab to experiment. Please send me the full explainations. More data and information, more possibilties to fix the problem

Technophone

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
It happens in low light when ur in a room with less lighting if u take a pic in a place where theres so much lighting there is no blue/purple dot

dwoyus

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem and the EXACT blue line as in your picture (NSAWAT_CHAN00) only that the line appears at the bottom of the screen. Then there are a few times they will not appear. Flash being on or off has no effect on the randomness of this problem. At least on my Android Samsung Note 2.