Bluetooth challenges

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
While I have not used BT that much in the past, I just upgraded the car and it has BT/Sync in it and it just not working right.

Once I pair my device, I appear to be good, but once I restart/reboot my phone, it's gone and I have to start from scratch every time. Tried this same scenario with my Plantronic BT and the same happens. Pair, all good, restart/reboot, gone and have to start from scratch.

My wife has a Z3v and has NO challenges at all.

BTW - I have gone into the Appllication manager//Bluetooth Share and Cleared DATA and Cleared CACHE.

Any suggestions outside a total factory reset?

TIA

Jeff

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're talking about simple reboots, and not actual factory resets, right? Reset means that you wipe the phone and start from scratch.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Did a quick search. Apparently this feature has been disabled by or friends at Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.:-\ How new is the phone? Can you bring it back to Verizon and ask them for a replacement? If not, then consider contacting Sony for warranty repair or replacement.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
11 months means it should still be under warranty, since it's typically a 1 year warranty. Contact Sony while you have a chance.

DJJeffT

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Resetting the device seems to have done the trick. Now off to reinstall and setup the phone from scratch. Good thing The Bears have a Bye Week...although some could say every week is a Bye Week for The Bears! ;-)